General Discussion, Not necessarily related to Bloodbowl
BeefyGoodness
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Undead

Ausbowl Website Idea

Post by BeefyGoodness »

Hi,

I noticed that you said that you were about to embark on a website overhaul Carni.

One suggestion that I have which would be greatly appreciated would be a "Ausbowl Calendar" on the main page wherein tournament organisers could arrange the dates for their tourney to be posted in advance with a link to the pertinent information such as location, etc.

This would be most useful for people like me who are having their social calendar regulated (more and more it seems) and would also really help with tournament advertising and awareness.

It would also help people who are thinking of running tourneys to look for an appropriate window in terms of dates and locations to make sure that they aren't stepping on toes.

Some food for thought anyway,

Cheers
1234 2015 Captain Hindsight "If Only" Award winner.

Carnivean
Administrator
Administrator
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Dwarf

Ausbowl Website Idea

Post by Carnivean »

Yep, that's cool.

The calendar we did implement here was just of a dogs breakfast and never really got fixed up by the devs. One of the reasons I want to move away from this one, nothing is really being actively pursued.

I've stickied this so others can add in the options they would like, etc
AUSBOWL NFL FANTASY PLAYERS LIST - check the master list of all Keepers, Rookies and Picks!

hammer
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: T.S.P.

Ausbowl Website Idea

Post by hammer »

Thinking fancy here - maybe a map that you can click on to find a league, or a tournament.

Also, once everything is decided, I'm in to write a league manager with all the bells and whistles.

hazzadous
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: MBBL
Favourite Race: Orc

Re: Ausbowl Website Idea

Post by hazzadous »

[quote=""hammer""]Thinking fancy here - maybe a map that you can click on to find a league, or a tournament.

Also, once everything is decided, I'm in to write a league manager with all the bells and whistles.[/quote]

Google maps API? Man that stuff is awesome.

doubleskulls
Star Player
Star Player

Post by doubleskulls »

[quote=""hammer""]Also, once everything is decided, I'm in to write a league manager with all the bells and whistles.[/quote]

Just rip off one of the ones that already exists!

hammer
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Ausbowl Website Idea

Post by hammer »

I've got the code for about 5 already, and none are as full featured as I would like. If all goes to plan, I'll take elements of each and get a comprehensive one going that will allow for cross league stats, in league stats, multiple rule sets, custom player numbering, awards, achievements, multiple draw creation options, freeform leagues without a draw etc. Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Carnivean
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Race: Dwarf

Ausbowl Website Idea

Post by Carnivean »

What I want to do i create a module that TOs can access and record all the tourney awards, just so we dont have people with 15-line sigs :D
AUSBOWL NFL FANTASY PLAYERS LIST - check the master list of all Keepers, Rookies and Picks!

BeefyGoodness
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Ausbowl Website Idea

Post by BeefyGoodness »

Also allow undead/necro teams that kill players to have the zombie created automatically on their team (maybe even the option to change their name???) :)
1234 2015 Captain Hindsight "If Only" Award winner.

hammer
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by hammer »

[quote=""BeefyGoodness""]Also allow undead/necro teams that kill players to have the zombie created automatically on their team (maybe even the option to change their name???) :)[/quote]

Yes I like. Maybe I should open a new thread on ideas for a league manager, so we stop stealing Carni's thread !

Chris
Veteran Beastman
Veteran Beastman
BB League: AFOUL
Favourite Race: High Elf

Post by Chris »

hammer wrote:I've got the code for about 5 already, and none are as full featured as I would like. If all goes to plan, I'll take elements of each and get a comprehensive one going that will allow for cross league stats, in league stats, multiple rule sets, custom player numbering, awards, achievements, multiple draw creation options, freeform leagues without a draw etc. Just a few ideas off the top of my head.
I'm working on a set of Drupal modules for league management with the same set of ideas. The scale of it has rather slowed me down so far. Oh, learning Drupal and returning to php after 6 or 7 years maybe part of it too ;)

I am planning to use drupal to manage the content so that the team nodes will have team fluff, rosters, previous games, pictures and other things we can think of. Similar with players so that you can see in which games they received SPP. Different rule sets have been included in the DB schema from the start because the AFOUL commissioner likes to mess with the rules :roll:

I think it's worth discussing ideas and maybe collaborating.
2012 AFOUL Season 6 Champion - Gob On You (Goblins)
2013 Adelaide Dungeon Bowl Cup 2nd place - (Orcs)

AFOUL's OBBLM site

fnord23
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: FOTM
Favourite Race: Vampire

Post by fnord23 »

Thread necromancy FTW!
NAF RTC for Penriff

yeah lots of 2nds & lots of draws

anc001
Star Player
Star Player
BB League: AFOUL

Post by anc001 »

Shame we don't currently have a working tournament calendar... :-\
My Hobby Threads - Dungeonbowl Rules & Layouts

Modular dungeonbowl pitch and tokens link

burn
Flesh Golem
Flesh Golem

Post by burn »

Hey Chris, I work in web development and have a knack for breaking things and explaining how I broke them (some call it "testing") - Also, we've just made our first client site in drupal so if you want some help testing it, I'd be happy to lend a fist.