General Discussion, Not necessarily related to Bloodbowl
bouf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
BB League: BABBL
Favourite Race: Chaos Pact

Re: Kickstarter - Zombicide

Post by bouf »

The worst card in the game is the one that gives the zombies a free turn...
The worst time to draw it is when you're spawning the rooms in a building...

"Oh boy, 4 guys in that first room and 3 in each of the next two... What's in the fourth?"
BRRRRAAAAIIIIINNNNNZZZZZZ!!!!!
"Aw, damnit!"

(it's usually here that the player turn is near an end and the zombie turn is about to start...)
~ bouf - Join me on BGG

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ACTBBL
Favourite Race: Necromantic

Post by Virral »

I liked the fact that the zombies will go into a feeding frenzy and absolutely destroy one survivor instead of a couple of them chowing down while the rest keep moving.

Once I'm settled in my new house and I've got reliable internet, I'd be keen to run a couple of PbB boardgames. This'll definitely be on that list, it seems perfectly suited to it.
Nothing to see here!

gregory_n_white
Flesh Golem
Flesh Golem

Post by gregory_n_white »

Can I please get some feedback on this game.

Having just watched series 1&2 of Walking Dead with the girlfriend - now is a good time to try to get her into boardgames.

I figure the options are Zombicide or Last Night on Earth. I have played Zombies!!! and found it fun but overly simple - a beer and pretzels game, not a challenge.

Does anyone have any comments on how Zombicide might play relative to Last Night on Earth.
What im ideally looking for is something not overly complex, but not overly simple. A good fun game whilst still a challenge.

tribalsinner
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SWL
Favourite Race: Human

Post by tribalsinner »

Simple mechanics - zombies kill survivors easily if you dont get away from them quickly. A nice challenge.

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

They are both great games, but i thibk zo.bicide is a better pick for you to play with the gf cause its totally co-op. LNoE is awesome for recreating b-movie atmosphere but it would be you vs her.
Nothing to see here!

tribalsinner
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by tribalsinner »

Isn't LNoE the one we tried to play in Canberra? The one that takes 47 hours to set up? If so I'd definitely go with Zombicide as its easy to set up take down.

Suffer
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Chaos Dwarf

Post by Suffer »

Lnoe is easy to set up, so if it took you that long you were definitely doing it wrong.

Suffer
Multiple Scoregasms - BABBL Bowl Champions Season XVI
Mad Hatters - Third Place BABBL Season XI
One Sandwich Short - No longer BABBL's worst team after Season XIII

tribalsinner
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by tribalsinner »

Suffer wrote:Lnoe is easy to set up, so if it took you that long Virral was definitely doing it wrong.

Suffer
Fixed - If it was the same game. It might have been another painful game he made us watch/sort of play ;)

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

No you must be thinking of another game, LNoE is quite easy to set up
Nothing to see here!

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Skaven

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

it was mansions of madness
NAF VP
ATC Champions '12, '16, '18
NSW State Rep '11, '13, '15 (Champs), '17 (Champs)

Champion: Leviathan '08, Euc Bowl '08 & '18, Sandgroper V, SSB '11, Dragon Bowl '12, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, NSW Open '19, Nuffles Bash at the Beach '20

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Oh yeah, I love that game but setup is a nightmare haha
Nothing to see here!

sumbloke
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by sumbloke »

Yay, got my copy of Zombicide. Going to play a solitaire game tonight, then try a group game as soon as I can.
-----
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SLOBB + SWL

Post by D_Arquebus »

Thought I'd resurrect here to post of my first game.

Mathfuric, Redcard, and I took on the first mission in Zombicide to mixed success :P .

I developed the same love affair with "Slippery" on Josh that everyone seems to post about online ;D . El Cholo proved to be fumble fingered with his two Machetes and missed in one turn alone 8 attacks :o ::) . Needless to say as his form was pretty much the same throughout he wasn't much lamented when he got eaten 2 turns later.

Wanda and her Skates are wicked!!!!

People are going to become Zombie Chow! Make em count :P

The Zombies get another turn when you run out was a nasty surprise that got Josh and Cholo eaten in the same turn, and left only Wanda with her Chainsaw to save the day. Missing all the essential ingredients (although she collected most of the Objectives) she was soon overwhelmed and eaten for a complete wipe out for the forces of Humanity.

Finished reading the rules tonight and discovered that if anything we were going easy on ourselves. Some points to note:

1. You flip for each Spawn point separately (bit of a rub I think)
2. Heroes go Clockwise and the 1st Survivor revolves. Greatly minimising the flexibility of activations.
3. The Fatty with + is the Abomination... he would have spawned very early indeed :P
4. You cannot stack 1 wound attacks to kill a Fatty or Abom. You need a weapon that deals 2/3 respectively :o
You cannot target the Fattys and Runners when shooting. It goes Survivors > Walkers > Fattys (Aboms) > Runners
5. Runners get two full activations. So Attack or Move then Attack or Move. Combined with the inability to Shoot them when other zombies are around and they just got a WHOOOLE lot scarier.
6. On a draw the ZOmbies are split, and you ADD zombies to make them even. So if a group of 5 Walkers and 1 fatty split, you'd add an extra walker for 2x groups of 3 and an extra fatty to 2x groups of 1. Eeeeeeek!!!

Still looks great, production values are awesome, solo play will be a nice feature, and I got more Survivors coming when the next release goes out.

Couldn't be happier with this Kickstarter buy ;D ;D ;D
NAF Regional Tourney Organiser (Oz/ NZ)

13th Worldwide to 24 Teams :)

Results by Team: Play the 24+2 :)
Sport: Necro, Ogre
Painted: 24hr Painting Challenge
Wins: 15/26 Teams (enjoyin the 26)
Podiums: 25/26

www.ausbowl.com or Ausbowl (FB) - Oz BB
NZ Blood Bowl Community (FB) - NZ BB

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

Yeah its awesome

Technically the runners attack and move then attack and move not ors
NAF VP

Champion: Leviathan '08, Euc Bowl '08 & '18, Sandgroper V, SSB '11, Dragon Bowl '12, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, NSW Open '19, Nuffles Bash at the Beach '20

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by D_Arquebus »

Not ors?? :P

Technically I thought that Zombies that attacked didn't move. SO the runners would attack OR move and then attack OR move again?

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

Technically yeah I probably just wouldn't have said or
NAF VP

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: Adeleague
Favourite Race: Norse

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

After reading the first 7 chapters of The Walking Dead comic last night I've got a bit of a hankering for some Zombie shenanigans. Zombiecide still living up to the hype or is the game less fun once the initial gloss has worn off?

Olaf the Stout
Southern Shrike Bowl 2018 - 20/21 October

Real Blood Bowlers take the Skull!

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by D_Arquebus »

Only played one game so the gloss is still strong with this one unfortunately :P .

I can see a lot of replayability (with different survivor combos and numbers of survivors). PLus new survivors (and I'd imagine scenarios) coming. Plus if your that way inclined making up some of your own. May be some balancing issues but hey, being devoured by Zombies is all part of the fun... :P

Rabid: 'Or' is necessray because he cannot do both. He either attacks or moves in that order based on whether he has a survivor snack or not. He is not allowed to do both with the same action point so 'and' is misleading and also incorrect.

GreyWolf
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Goblin

Post by GreyWolf »

We are currently up to our 12th game and we even won a few of them. My 4 years old son has the highest body count followed by his mother. I currently hold the title of "Killed the most"

It gets better as each game is played. I am also adding in some fun new twists by getting minis from Hasslefree Miniatures that will represent me, my wife, my son and my Daughter.

On top of that we also got some kiddie zombies for the kids to bop. And have 30 WWII German zombies and 2 SS German officers coming as well to add more to the Zombie flavour. [ a new mission] I am currently trying to find alot of Zombie super Heroes so I can do "Zombie outbreak GenCon 2013" [ <---<insert what ever Geekvest you want, comicon, etc].. Found an undead guy dressed as Superman and a girl as a Playboy bunny but trying to find some other cool characters has been hard. But I will hunt on... I think there was a heroclix version that had alot of undead superheros....

With the next expansion on the horizon [Toxic Zombie Mall] which will add in new type of Zombies [Toxic Zombie] and heroes this will revitalize the game even more.

and last but not least is the huge amount of customization that is going on with Zombicide and you can find alot of ideas on the Cool mini or not! forum boards.

My latest project is 3D doors that I have set up on the table and to open them I just slide out the centre piece. It will be alot easier then trying to find the grey door on the grey pavement. I got Darryl from Universal Battlegrounds to design them and laser cut the doors will be getting them very soon. he also does Heroquest type doors as well.

LGW

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

i would have said "and unless" just like the rules :p
NAF VP