frogbear
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Re: Classic Dungeon Explorers

Post by frogbear »

impactminiatures wrote:Image
?
I take it that this is not an 80's thing? If not, then I am a little wary of looking forward to this # goal.

Ever thought of a Chibi for this guy:

www.midiangaming.com.au

Cancon 2008 - 18th Place
Cancon 2009 - 9th Place
Conquest 2009 - 10th Place
Ausbowl Star Player 2010

impactminiatures
Flesh Golem
Flesh Golem

Post by impactminiatures »

Olaf_the_Stout wrote:What size will the minis be?

Olaf the Stout
23-24 to eye. 28-30mm to top of head
http://www.impactminiatures.net - Fantasy Sports Miniatures and Games by Gamers for Gamers

impactminiatures
Flesh Golem
Flesh Golem

Frogbear ... he is a character of the 80s. Very popular ... just not one these characters met in their travels.
http://www.impactminiatures.net - Fantasy Sports Miniatures and Games by Gamers for Gamers

Jimm
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior
BB League: AFOUL
Favourite Race: Dark Elf

Post by Jimm »

How is this Kickstarter going?
~ For Whom The Bell Tolls -

2012 Adelaide Dungeon Bowl Cup - 1st 5/0/0
2012 AFOUL Season 7 1st - Naggaroth Nighthawks
2012 Southern Shrike Bowl - 4th 3/2/1

impactminiatures
Flesh Golem
Flesh Golem

Ran afoul of a rules change in KickStarter. Despite the fact that we have a spotless record for our KickStarters so far for getting in the product and getting it shipped out with nothing more than minor delays, Kickstarter has for now blocked this project.

I think they've had too many high profile KickStarter fail and so they are putting in a LOT of new rules. The biggest one being that you cannot set up a new KickStarter until all your previous KickStarter has fullfilled. Now we are fighting this one because we have a great record and our dice KickStarter is not going to fullfill until April 2013 as we need 6 to 8 months for China to create the steel mould. During that time there is nothing we can do to speed up the process which is the point KickStarter has told us to not allow the 2nd one to start. So since we cannot start a new project until we get this straightened out ... the project is locked down. I'm hoping we can convince them to let us lauch it after we ship the Urban Acheivers minis in November since the dice will be the only outstanding KickStarter for us left then and nothing we can do will speed up the dice production.

It was an unannounced rule change at KickStarter. I know why they are putting it in place ... but for projects like the one we do it kinda sucks as running one KickStarter does not make us give less attention to another.

Will keep you updated as we find out more. We are working on other solutions. IndieGoGo might be an option if all else fails.

Tom

impactminiatures
Flesh Golem
Flesh Golem

Re: Classic Dungeon Adventurers

Kickstarter is now up and running!

CLICK HERE: http://kck.st/PtThYI

impactminiatures
Flesh Golem
Flesh Golem

frogbear
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by frogbear »

I am pretty new to all this so just a few questions that I am hoping some here can answer:

I want all 6 minis + any of the stretch targets.
- From what I can see that is $30 (+$3 postage).
- I also want the stretch 1 target so that is another $5. Should I be adding postage?
- I also want the stretch 2 target so that is another $8. Should I be adding postage?

If postage is paid once then I guess that is $43 + $3 postage?

What happens if stretch 3 is reached?
- Do I have to repledge or should I be taking that into account on my first pledge?
- Do you pay for postage seperately or is it added top the first pledge?

Do you pledge the full amount or just part and then a 'bill' is sent out for the rest?

Maybe I think too much. Can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance.
www.midiangaming.com.au

Cancon 2008 - 18th Place
Cancon 2009 - 9th Place
Ausbowl Star Player 2010

impactminiatures
Flesh Golem
Flesh Golem

Frogbear ... there is an image at the top of the KickStarter that shows the total amount you need to pledge to get one of everything that is currently unlocked for purchase. I'll post it here after my text.

This image will be at the top of the KickStarter and will be updated after each Stretch Goal is reached.

To answer your question ... $3 extra for international shipping once no matter how much you get.

As stretch goals are reached ... some will be free and some you'll need to add on. So right now if you wanted everything and wanted to pledge ahead of time to get Stretch Goal #2 ... that would be the $38 from the below image + $8 for Stretch Goal #2 which is not yet unlocked ... so $46 total.

When we unlock Stretch Goal #3 or any goal after #3, then you need to update your pledge to add in that new figure if it costs money to add it on and you want it. (there will be stretch goals that will be free add-ons for you).

You pledge the full amount ... there is not a bill for the add-ons that is sent at the end of the KickStarter. The add-ons are created to help the KickStarter keep getting higher and higher overall totals which help unlock more and more add-ons. If was done with a bill system, then the overall total wouldn't reflect the money raised and it would not be as easy as KickStarter/Amazon taking about 10% of the total as soon as the KickStarter is over.

I hope this helps ... if not please feel free to ask more questions!

Tom @ Impact!

frogbear
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by frogbear »

Awesome. Thanks Tom.
www.midiangaming.com.au

Cancon 2008 - 18th Place
Cancon 2009 - 9th Place
Ausbowl Star Player 2010

GreyWolf
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Goblin

Post by GreyWolf »

491 backers
$56,758 pledged of $3,250 goal
5 days to go

In the Last few days now and the ride has been great. Current goal we are aiming for is the Centaur at $60k and 50 Queen Mo backers for the Queen Mo to get 5 extra Type I minis added to the 80 we are already getting.

So Queen Mo is $275USD for 80 Type I minis and ALL of the Type II's over the Kickstarter project. We only need 9 more backers to join up at the Queen Level or upgrade their current pledge and we get the extra 5 minis.

I have already upgraded to Queen Mo and currently have a lot of minis added on. One of the Backers Glenn is currently designing a Chibi Dungeon Crawl and I am in the process of making a Chibi Skirmish game.

All in all this has been fantastic project. Tom and Chris have done an awesome job on running it. Congrats to Impact for a great Job.

Cheers
GreyWolf

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ACTBBL
Favourite Race: Necromantic

Post by Virral »

Tom and Chris have done fantastically well with this one, its great
Nothing to see here!

impactminiatures
Flesh Golem
Flesh Golem

Thanks!

Its great to see it doing so well. 53 new miniatures use up all that cash (we'll be able to hold it for few days before we have to give it to other people. ;D ). But its great to be able to come up with something new and make a line to support it. This project has been fun and the top pledge levels are getting to be really good deals.

GreyWolf
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Goblin

Post by GreyWolf »

@Tom you and Chris have made the process of stripping my bank account of hard earned cash a painless operation one you should be very proud of. [any surgeon would be] With each new mini my bank account was nipped, tucked, and pretty much sewn up...

I think for the next Chibi kickstater I'll just get my pay put into your account..

GreyWolf
Chibi collector