BL!TZ Magazine Issue 3

Latest information about the Ausbowl Site.
Carnivean
Administrator
Administrator
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Dwarf

BL!TZ Magazine Issue 3

Post by Carnivean »

Who would have thought . . . 3 issues!

BL!TZ magazine issue 3 can be found by following this link:
http://blitz.ausbowl.com/blitz_issue_03.pdf

Amazingly, we are still finding the time to go through the process each month. I am sure when we took this on, neither Brett or myself envisioned what this would entail. What may seem crazy is our initial discussions were whether it should be bi-monthly or monthly! Wisely we took a "let's see what happens Issue one approach"!

Along with all the stuff you now hopefully are aware of and possibly enjoy reading, you can expect the following this month:
  • HUGE World Cup II feature
  • AusBowl Origins article
  • The Art of Schwager Interview
  • State updates
  • Custom pitch wrap
  • Exclusive Fiction
  • Hindley Street Bowl and Gathering of Might tourney reports
  • Plus much, much more!
I hope you enjoy the BL!TZ.

SinisterDexter and Carnivean

BL!TZ is a quarterly e-magazine devoted to the Australian and New Zealand Blood Bowl communities. It is produced by the AusBowl Committee. Subscription is free. You can contact the chief editor on southernstrikeeditor@gmail.com or the AusBowl Committee on admin@ausbowl.com.
AUSBOWL NFL FANTASY PLAYERS LIST - check the master list of all Keepers, Rookies and Picks!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ACTBBL
Favourite Race: Necromantic

Re: BL!TZ Magazine Issue 3

Post by Virral »

Don't forget to post this on TGN ;D
Nothing to see here!

SinisterDexter
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: PWND
Favourite Race: Human

Post by SinisterDexter »

Phew! It's out!

Carni is right, this issue was tough. But definitely rewarding. I think it is our best issue yet, with some very new and exciting content, including Schwager's amazing artwork and our first piece of custom written fiction (thanks Hacker).

I will, sadly, be going "offline" for a short period. I will be able to view and post using my iPhone, but my PC will take another week or so to get connected, so if you don't hear from me for a while, I will be back. What I will ask is, if you see another forum that could benefit from having BL!TZ placed on it, please lower Carni's burden, and just go ahead and post there and link people back to the BL!TZ area on AusBowl.

Thanks again to all contributors, and to Carni for finishing the mag off this time. I hope you enjoy it and I'll see you on the other side...

SinDex
Check out the Adeleague at www.adeleague.weebly.com
Open format, progression style tournament for Adelaide based coaches.

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Nice work boys, just skimmed through it and looking forward to reading it properly over the next few days.
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Post by OneEye »

Yeah i skim read as well (the vain part of me looking to see how often i was mentioned... lots :D).

I'm pretty disappointed with the CCKUP writeup tbh... not a single coaches name mentioned, no ladder provided or anything at all. For anyone reading it, it almost felt like 'oh seasons over, this happened BUT HERES A NEW SEASON!'... really disappointing when you read it after the NSW's season wrapups who actually seem to promote the players success and enjoy discussing it.

Apart from that it was really cool. Haven't read Hackers story or the game writeup but looking forward to doing so on the tram tomorrow.
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

tribalsinner
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SWL

Post by tribalsinner »

Great read well done!

Thanks for the delayed mention in the opening credits. Can I get another apology as Virral (you dumb twat) said that creature won Cancon - My trophy and Naf ranking say otherwise.........

SinisterDexter
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by SinisterDexter »

With the league pages, I work with what I am given. Rabid is very exacting with his requirements for SLOBB and the podium diagram was his idea. He likes to have a more hands-on approach to the layout of his league's page. This does create some extra work for me, but it also means that I know he cares about it, and I don't mind putting in that extra work where a Commish is also prepared to go the extra mile.

Having said that, I'm honestly just happy to see a league represented in any way. There are still plenty of leagues that don't provide anything (and they are in no way obligated to). I need to try and get some discussion happening with the Qld boys (sorry guys, I know this was discussed last time, but I have had the quarter from hell and just couldn't spare the time to wrangle things), but league pages are there for the Commish. If you are a Commish and want something special done, it just takes a few emails and we can work something out.

I'm also really interested to know what people think of the "new" design. As I said in the editorial, we are experimenting a bit, so it may change again next issue, but getting feedback on what people thought worked or didn't work certainly helps.

SinisterDexter
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by SinisterDexter »

tribalsinner wrote:Great read well done!

Thanks for the delayed mention in the opening credits. Can I get another apology as Virral (you dumb twat) said that creature won Cancon - My trophy and Naf ranking say otherwise.........
Seriously?

I am fairly sure that a certain Boggy individual specifically asked this to be changed (although, don't quote me, it may yet have been my fault). Boggy - account for yourself!!!

In all seriousness though, as Chief Editor, I take ultimate blame and, once again (blush), I am very sorry Pete. In a document that size it is tough to get everything correct, it just seems that you have been the one getting the rough end of the stick. My apologies.

tribalsinner
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by tribalsinner »

It's ok,I suppose I am only the reigning Australian National BloodBowl Champion.. :'( :'(

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein
Favourite Race: Skaven

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

tribalsinner wrote:Great read well done!

that may be a combination mine and sindex's fault, virral left out creature winning mountain bowl and when I was proofreading I sent a fix to that through.. but never saw the final copy... which im having trouble downloading actually
Commish of SLOBB
ATC Champions 2012, 2016, 2018
NSW State Rep 2011, 2013, 2015 (Champs), 2017 (Champs)

Champion: Leviathan '08, Eucalyptus Bowl 4, Sandgroper V, Southern Shrike Bowl 4, Dragon Bowl, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, Eucalyptus Bowl 14

tribalsinner
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by tribalsinner »

It's very well done guys - I'm just the unlucky one I guess ;D

The layout is fantastic, can't fault it Sindex. Great job.

SinisterDexter
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by SinisterDexter »

Rabid_Bogscum wrote:.. which im having trouble downloading actually
That might be because it's 25 meg!!!!!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Doh sorry Pete, I forgot to mention Creature winning Bushranger (but did say that you won CanCon and then went on to launch Bushranger). Rabid pointed out the mistake but SinDex must have made the change to the wrong part of the sentence :(
Nothing to see here!

tribalsinner
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by tribalsinner »

It's ok - maybe I could get a job as proof reader for Issue 4? ;D :D

SinisterDexter
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by SinisterDexter »

What, and spoil the surprise of what we'll get wrong about you next issue?!? Maybe we could run a competition: "Did tribal win it?" ;D

It does appear that this was my fault BTW. So, again, apologies.

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Post by OneEye »

That's a big one to get wrong! I suggest perhaps a whole page apology in issue #4 with a photo of Rabid and Virral being beaned repeatedly by Tribal!
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

tribalsinner
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by tribalsinner »

I agree! One_Eye can take photos and we can sell them and quit our day jobs!

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

pfftt... until you get off your arse and write something Evan.... shut yur mouth ( ;D so you dont take it too seriously... but i am a little)
Commish of SLOBB

Champion: Leviathan '08, Eucalyptus Bowl 4, Sandgroper V, Southern Shrike Bowl 4, Dragon Bowl, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, Eucalyptus Bowl 14

tribalsinner
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by tribalsinner »

We need a sarcasm font........

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

on layout... maybe its me seeing all the stuff you were working on and then having to wait for the final copy that carni was working on but the added sections look different to me
Commish of SLOBB