Werewolf, Mafia, Great Minds etc...
Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: Adeleague
Favourite Race: Norse

Re: AusBowl Diplomacy I

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

I enjoyed the game, but I think I'd struggle to play another game online. I've found these sorts of games become way too much of a time sink for me as I spend time thinking and re-thinking moves.

It's probably worse with Diplomacy since so much of the game is negotiating with other players. In a IRL game you're limited to 30 minutes or whatever per turn and you can have a quick 30 second back and forth chat with someone. Online, the same conversation may take hours or even days.

Still, it was good fun.
Southern Shrike Bowl 2018 - 20/21 October

Real Blood Bowlers take the Skull!

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SLOBB + SWL

Post by D_Arquebus »

How many turns (game) and days (real time) did this take?
NAF Regional Tourney Organiser (Oz/ NZ)

13th Worldwide to 24 Teams :)

Results by Team: Play the 24+2 :)
Sport: Necro, Ogre
Painted: 24hr Painting Challenge
Wins: 15/26 Teams (enjoyin the 26)
Podiums: 25/26

www.ausbowl.com or Ausbowl (FB) - Oz BB
NZ Blood Bowl Community (FB) - NZ BB

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Skaven

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

about a month and a half
Commish of SLOBB
ATC Champions 2012, 2016, 2018
NSW State Rep 2011, 2013, 2015 (Champs), 2017 (Champs)

Champion: Leviathan '08, Eucalyptus Bowl 4, Sandgroper V, Southern Shrike Bowl 4, Dragon Bowl, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, Eucalyptus Bowl 14

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

Turn 1 was due on 13 April. So it went for about a month and a half. I think there were 20 turns.

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Post by Mathfuric »

This was great fun and a big thanks to SinDex for organising it (cheers mate).

I really like the way you could not be really sure who was talking to who, and when. Would love too play again but in the middle of sell my unit and organising a trip overseas. Might look to see if I could run one in a few months time.

Cheers again

SinisterDexter
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: PWND
Favourite Race: Human

Post by SinisterDexter »

No worries guys.

Yep, we started in the first week of the school holidays, and it is now week 5 of the term, so 6-7 weeks. We got to round 20.
Check out the Adeleague at www.adeleague.weebly.com
Open format, progression style tournament for Adelaide based coaches.

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Post by OneEye »

Olaf_the_Stout wrote: My favourite moment in this game was about 2-3 turns after England first stabbed me in the back and had allied with Russia. I was discussing the game with Turkey via email and told him that he should do this, because England is doing this, Italy is doing that, Russia is planning something else and Austria's move will be another thing.

He asked me how I knew all that when I was supposedly at war with everyone on the board apart from Turkey! It was funny because he was right. In the previous couple of turns I had fought with England, Russia and Italy so it would seem odd from an outsider perspective as to how I would know all this info. I guess it could have all been bogus (although the info I had turned out to be correct). Just shows that you should never completely trust anyone in this game.
Yeah that was the exact time I knew you were bogus but I wasn't in a position to do anything. That was followed by "suggestions" from Olaf that I should try and help keep Brett alive with his one unit while I was surrounded by Rabid.. suss much!

Unfortunately my game took a dive in the first couple of turns due to the Austrian leader being suspicious of the one guy willing to cement a long running partnership!! I made some weak early moves on Rabid with the hope of lulling him in and then striking in turn three with Brett and Germany. Brett refused to wait for me to prove my intentions and I was stuck with the Russian egghead from a weakened position. Of course it didn't help that I was trying to organize a defence against Rabid while Math leaked everything to Rabid... such a git!! :-*

Good good fun. Thanks for the game and for running it Brett. Next time Gadget!
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

Foad
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SWL+DIBBL
Favourite Race: Underworld

Post by Foad »

Yeah big thanks to Dex, was awesome fun...

For mine, the special moment was backdooring Math (sorry mate)...

Always trouble allying with AH though, as they need to kill you to win... And I could see Germany getting stabbed in slow motion but couldn't do anything to stop it...

Would play again, but yeah would give it a break...

Also happy to mod...

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

OneEye wrote:Yeah that was the exact time I knew you were bogus but I wasn't in a position to do anything. That was followed by "suggestions" from Olaf that I should try and help keep Brett alive with his one unit while I was surrounded by Rabid.. suss much!
Funny you say that, because at that point I was being completely honest with you. At that point in the game it looked like Russia was going to steamroll Turkey, Austria and France for the win. Italy was basically doing exactly what Russia wanted.

So the only way I saw Russia being stopped was if I could get Turkey and Austria to hold Russia up long enough for me to take out Italy and hope that I could talk England around to attacking Russia with me. So me suggesting to Turkey that Turkey should help Austria was because Russia wouldn't predict a move like that, so his move might fail as a result.

Looking back, I was completely honest with Turkey the whole game (and I'm pretty sure Turkey was honest with me the whole game too).

My fatal mistake was leaving my backfield too open. If I'd kept maybe 1 more unit back I could have stopped England from taking most of France and had a shot at the win. Them's the breaks I guess.

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

Chavo wrote:For mine, the special moment was backdooring Math (sorry mate)...
That one unit caused so many problems. It wouldn't have been so bad if Math didn't miss out on submitting his orders. However, once he did it meant Italy's fleet could stroll into a SC and take it.

That was probably offset by Italy missing a turn himself 2 turns later, but it still set England back a bit.