Werewolf, Mafia, Great Minds etc...
whitetailscramblers
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: DTG
Favourite Race: Chaos Pact

Re: AWW #39 - Avalon - Mission 4

Post by whitetailscramblers »

You want the next team. Me, Foad and yourself let's face it if you claim to be the good guy... as you do. we should win the next two matches.

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Post by OneEye »

Whitetail... even with just the information you know, you should have been able to figure out (or read) that one out of myself and Adam is a good guy! So no... just no Whitetail
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

whitetailscramblers
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

I know. I wanted to see what you would say. As you are the other bad guy. I have it guessed Me, Foad and its either oneeye or Olaf as the good guys.

But you have the decision and I will not be supporting any team with you on it.

Foad
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SWL+DIBBL
Favourite Race: Underworld

Post by Foad »

As a suggestion for fairness, shall all the good guys agree to turn guest mode off?

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SLOBB + SWL

Post by D_Arquebus »

I havent used Guest mode once.

Doesnt do much anyway as the Baddies can do the same.

Interested to hear from Olaf.

Home by 7pm when i will sum up and propose a team. :)
NAF Regional Tourney Organiser (Oz/ NZ)

13th Worldwide to 24 Teams :)

Results by Team: Play the 24+2 :)
Sport: Necro, Ogre
Painted: 24hr Painting Challenge
Wins: 15/26 Teams (enjoyin the 26)
Podiums: 25/26

www.ausbowl.com or Ausbowl (FB) - Oz BB
NZ Blood Bowl Community (FB) - NZ BB

whitetailscramblers
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

I haven't used gust mode at all during this game.

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

Can someone explain what on earth guest mode actually accomplishes during this game?
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

Foad
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Foad »

http://ausbowl.com/ucp.php?i=174

Hide My online status.

whitetailscramblers
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Isn't the idea to be on the game?

Foad
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Foad »

I'm inclined to agree with OneEye.

Hutchie, I'd suggest that the team you need to propose is Brett, you and I.

whitetailscramblers
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Oneeye. Let's look at it this way.

D. Has the selection. So he has very clearly indicated that he will vote for himself. I am a good guy and I believe Foad is the other good guy. Now I am uncertain between yourself and Olaf about which is which.

Now I have called him out about being the bad guy and he has failed to comment or denied the accusation. Very interesting.........

I have indicated in advance that I will not be supporting any vote with D. In it as he is the bad guy and will effectively fail the mission.

Our only chance to succeed is to remove D out of the equation and identify which between Olaf and oneeye is the bad guy. At this stage I cannot tell between the two.

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by D_Arquebus »

@Foad - Brett?

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by D_Arquebus »

@OneEye - Id imagine it gives people a chance to review comments without looking suss that they dont leave any in return. Buying a delay in terms of formulating some bs... erm I mean a correct response to any questions or accusations :P

Im mouthy enough i dont see the need to mess about in such a way :P

whitetailscramblers
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Well since I have only ever attended in my log in this also shows my good guy intentions and lack off......... BS. As D. Eloquently put it.

Foad
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Foad »

Is OneEye a Brett? Or is he an Evan?
I'm old and I get confused readily...

Hutchie, I'd suggest that the team you need to propose is OneEye, you and I.

Olaf and OneEye are a bit of a coin flip, but I'd put OneEye up at this stage..

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: Adeleague
Favourite Race: Norse

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

Ók, school's over for the day and I've now read through all the posts.

First up, I've checked my preferences and "Hide my online status" was not checked. So I'm not one of the Guests.

My analysis is this. I'm a good guy. So the last mission fail means One Eye is definitely a bad guy. This leaves one bad guy out of the remaining 3 players.

I'd previously assumed that One Eye failing the second mission cleared Foad as a good guy, leaving the remaining bad guy to be between Hutchie and WTS. That may actually be true. However, it is also possible that Foad is the second bad guy and both Hutchie and WTS are good guys.

Foad was a bit too quick to name One Eye, me and himself for the second mission with almost no discussion. I know that the first mission succeeding meant that picking that mission line-up was possibly the best option for a good guy to make. However, it was possibly also the best choice for a bad guy to make too. One of the 2 bad guys failing the mission would lead people to believe that there was only 1 bad guy on the mission, when in fact there were 2. The risk is that both bad guys fail the mission and it allows the good guys to know for certain who 2 of the good guys are, but that may have still been a risk for a bad guy to take. Foad, as the second bad guy fails the mission and One Eye plays possum for a second time.

Going back to the issue of Foad shutting down the discussion with his early call. it's never a good idea to minimise the discussion. With these games, the more talk, the more chance there is of the bad guys slipping up. That's bad game play by Foad if he is a good guy. So the question is, is he a good guy who made an error, or was the early call a strategic choice.

If I think Foad is the second bad guy, that clears both Hutchie and WTS. Now the two of them have been posting the most, but both have also been throwing out a lot of accusations. Good or bad guy, that sort of play is definitely what I'd expect from Hutchie. He's always gotta stir up that pot! That also makes it harder for me to really nail down if I think he's a good or bad guy though.

WTS, I know less. It seems like he's been a bit all over the shop this game. He's posted a lot, but then yesterday claimed he was starting a new job, so wouldn't be able to post much. Is that the truth, or just a ploy to fly under the radar after copping a bit of heat from other posters? Not sure.

At this stage if I had to make a call, I'd go with Hutchie as a good guy stirring the pot and maybe Foad as the second bad guy based only on his actions as his lack of posting. WTS posting quite a bit is generally not something a bad guy would do. I'm really not certain on that call though.

Also One Eye being called Brett! Ha ha! I'm sure you've offended both of them with that!
Southern Shrike Bowl 2018 - 20/21 October

Real Blood Bowlers take the Skull!

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

And Foad pops up just as I'm writing my post.

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

So ignoring the Brett thing...

There is sooo much i can say but i'm going to keep it short because this is all i need to say...

The choices here are Adam is good, i am bad and Foad is highly likely good OR Adam is bad, i am good and Foad is likely good right? Adam said all this himself previously and above so with that in mind, why would Adam not only call me out as bad but also Foad? Foad is 95% confirmed as good regardless of Adam or my allegiance so if Adam is good, why is he trying to throw shade on a player that has so much evidence to prove his goodness? Pretty simple answer.

If just this doesn't convince the good guys, nothing can save us. Adam is the bad guy. You don't even have to take my word for it. Look at the results.

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by D_Arquebus »

I was going to go into some depth as to my numerous and assorted reasons (read building my reasoning House of Cards) for deciding on my Good Guys and Bad guys, but by some miracle (and no small amount of brow beating) I have managed to finally drive a little more discussion from all parties today :)

So you get the shortened version ;) :P

Bad Guys:
WTS
- suspiciously vague all along, in direct competition with me, and yet seemingly willing to overlook to get himself a shot at failing a mission today, then back-flipping to voting down any team I am on. Has provided no real insights or valuable input, constrained himself to taking shots at me and my questions instead. Questionable decisions disguised by apparent "newness" attempt didnt ring true. Picked failing teams and remained "oblivious" to the fact they were going to fail until they had.

Olaf - too vague early to inspire confidence, been on two failing missions, accuses Foad of jumping the gun then did same thing on his Mission Selection, after suggesting he would provide insights but did not. No real insights until today. Like WTS writes off "questioning actions taken and words written of others" as "disruption" or "stirring". Like WTS failed to address any such dialogue. Made a mistake picking OneEye again over Foad. I had more reason to suspect Foad than OneEye in the end, and his leaving him out cleared him for me. Picked same failing team last time as WTS.

Good Guys:
OneEye - two failed missions, and has played it differently than I may have liked. But has responded to criticism and provided valuable insights prior to having his arm twisted near clean off. Follow up today has confirmed he has made similar assessment to me.

Foad - HUGELY suspect! Quiet, admitted "guesting", foreshortened discussion pre his Mission pick, let off the hook by the fact that Olaf has implicated himself clearly, and WTS is a BG in my eyes as well. This quashes any lingering doubts about 2x Bad Guys managing to remain hidden in out failing teams.

Me: Has addressed people's actions and words directly. Has tried to foster discussion. Has remained focused on the actions that a Good Guy should take and justified my reasons on those premises. Has indicated to fellow Good Guys that more input was needed to help ascertain who they were. Has finally driven some contradictory dialogue from the 2x proposed Bad Guys.

I expect 3 YES votes and 2 NO votes from you know who on this one, as it is the deal breaker. ONce we pass, we just need to quash WTS team and LEt OneEye bring it home.

I nominate for the next Mission - D_Arquebus, Foad, OneEye

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

In either case, my comments earlier in the game about not having the time to dedicate to the game still stand. That's about as much time I can give to back and forth, so if people can make a decision and we keep things moving I'd appreciate it.