Werewolf, Mafia, Great Minds etc...
Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: Adeleague
Favourite Race: Norse

Re: Descent 2nd Ed ala Virral

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

Ok Math, if we get more than 3 squares away from our current position then the Zombies and Golem can't reach us.

Do you have an a way to get 1 Stamina to at least use Defence once?

Is there any way you can reach Zach to hit him? If not, you may be better off resting to recover stamina and then moving towards Zach. I'll make sure I end my action next to you for defence.
Southern Shrike Bowl 2018 - 20/21 October

Real Blood Bowlers take the Skull!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Post by OneEye »

Golem can get to G4/5 so you need to be further than there
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

OneEye wrote:Golem can get to G4/5 so you need to be further than there
True, but that spot is a choke point. It keeps Virral from doubling back on us.

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Post by Mathfuric »

Olaf_the_Stout wrote:Ok Math, if we get more than 3 squares away from our current position then the Zombies and Golem can't reach us.

Do you have an a way to get 1 Stamina to at least use Defence once?

Is there any way you can reach Zach to hit him? If not, you may be better off resting to recover stamina and then moving towards Zach. I'll make sure I end my action next to you for defence.
We get one stamina point each from Steel's skill Inspiration, but I have to go first.

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

In which case, I really think we're better off positioning ourselves on F4 and F5 this turn.

You can move there and rest to regain stamina. I only have 1 action as I'm stunned, but I can still spend a stamina point to move 2, use Running Shot to move another 2 and then take a Black Arrow hit on Lord Dick Dastardly. If that hits it will do a guaranteed 3 damage.

You defend me from a Golem hit, a potential hit from you and from Lord Numbnuts.

Next turn Lord Scaredypants he will be within 1 move of Steelhorns, so you'll definitely get a hit in. I can potentially get 2 hits in, dealing at least 6 damage.

It's not great, but I think it's the best shot we've got at this point.

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

We can still get 2 hits on Lord Runaway Bride this turn. We both get 1 Stamina each this turn when I activate, Steel then double moves and strikes the 'Runaway Bride' putting lots of distance between the Zombies.

Teth can unstun and running shot for 4 spaces, then burn stamina as fitting.

Or Steel activates moves 5, one for stamina and rests. Then Teth unstuns and does running shot standing next to Steel, who will have full stamina as you have outlined.

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

How can you double move and still attack?

I think we're better off cornering Lord Someone Please Help Me! this turn as otherwise I can see him moving 8 next turn and hiding behind his Golem and Zombies. That will make it damn hard to get a hit on him in the turn after this one, even though it will stop us getting hit this turn.

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

Of course, another option is to try and take the Zombies and Golem out this turn, but I think that will just result in us running out of health sooner rather than later.

Hmmm, there is a problem. Lord Lardarse has the Dominion power. He could use that on me and feed me to a Golem and 2 Zombies if we are in F4 and F5. That would likely kill me.

The only way to avoid that power is to get out of LOS.

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Olaf_the_Stout wrote:Hmmm, there is a problem. Lord Lardarse has the Dominion power. He could use that on me and feed me to a Golem and 2 Zombies if we are in F4 and F5. That would likely kill me.
You have the crown doesn't that make you immune to mind control?
Olaf_the_Stout wrote:How can you double move and still attack?
Ability: If you perform 2 move actions you may suffer 1 Fatigue to perform an attack at the end of your turn.

I think we might need a little break, so lets regroup.

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

No sure about the mind control. Virral, do you know the answer?

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ACTBBL
Favourite Race: Necromantic

Post by Virral »

The point of the Iron Crown is that it protects the holder from Dark Charm. So yes you're safe. Steel is not ;)
Nothing to see here!

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

Just to be clear, I'm referring to Lord Mwahahahaha I'm Evil's Dominion power, not Dark Charm.

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Oh yeah that works on everyone, but it costs me an action I could be using to attack.
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Olaf_the_Stout wrote:Just to be clear, I'm referring to Lord Mwahahahaha I'm Evil's Dominion power, not Dark Charm.
Virral wrote:Oh yeah that works on everyone, but it costs me an action I could be using to attack.
Ok then, not much we can do about that then. So plan A, create distance and rest.

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Honestly I think you need to be gungho, go for the attack from Steel and Teth, stay apart so I can't use Steel to hit Teth and hope that you do enough damage that Steel can finish him off the following turn (because unless I miss I'd call it pretty likely that Teth is going to die).
Nothing to see here!

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

Virral wrote:Honestly I think you need to be gungho, go for the attack from Steel and Teth, stay apart so I can't use Steel to hit Teth and hope that you do enough damage that Steel can finish him off the following turn (because unless I miss I'd call it pretty likely that Teth is going to die).
Wouldn't Teth be better off standing next to Steel so that he can defend any attacks against me? If you can Steel to attack Teth with Dark Charm can't Math still defend me against his own attack?

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Olaf_the_Stout wrote:
Virral wrote:Honestly I think you need to be gungho, go for the attack from Steel and Teth, stay apart so I can't use Steel to hit Teth and hope that you do enough damage that Steel can finish him off the following turn (because unless I miss I'd call it pretty likely that Teth is going to die).
Wouldn't Teth be better off standing next to Steel so that he can defend any attacks against me? If you can Steel to attack Teth with Dark Charm can't Math still defend me against his own attack?
He does have a good point, won't Steelhorns innate sense of protection step in? :P

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

In that scenario I will dark charm Steel and move him backwards, which should put him in range of the Zombies and Golem. It still leaves Teth unprotected and Steel would be blocked from returning to the fight by the Golem who could stand in those two squares between the obstacles.

You would REALLY need to hope that Steel resists the Dark Charm, and you'd only have gotten 1 hit on Zachareth.

On the other hand, if you both run in you get two hits, I cannot force Steel back far enough to be threatened by the monsters. I could get him to hit himself, but that's better than three separate hits from Monsters and being cut off from Tetherys.
Nothing to see here!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

As for Dark Charm and Defend, my feeling would be that it doesn't work... but maybe it would, we'd need to check the FAQs. Still, as I said I'd go the movement not the attack.
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Virral wrote:In that scenario I will dark charm Steel and move him backwards, which should put him in range of the Zombies and Golem. It still leaves Teth unprotected and Steel would be blocked from returning to the fight by the Golem who could stand in those two squares between the obstacles.

You would REALLY need to hope that Steel resists the Dark Charm, and you'd only have gotten 1 hit on Zachareth.

On the other hand, if you both run in you get two hits, I cannot force Steel back far enough to be threatened by the monsters. I could get him to hit himself, but that's better than three separate hits from Monsters and being cut off from Tetherys.
So much to think about ???