Werewolf, Mafia, Great Minds etc...
Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ACTBBL
Favourite Race: Necromantic

Pbp: Round 7 (Frozen Spire) - Descent 2e Campaign

Post by Virral »

Baron Greigory's scouts have located the farmer, Frederick - one of the shadow binders.

"Zachareth's goblins carreid him away to the Frozen Spire," Greigory told you. "There's no telling what horrors they're subjecting that poor man to, and no telling how great an asset he could be against the current threat."

And so here you are, climbing up the mountain slopes toward the Frozen Spire. You can see it glittering in the autumn light above you now, but the way is blocked by a deep canyon with only a single bridge. Suddenly, it seems as if dark clouds swallow the sky and a creature of shadow and flame plummets to the earth. A dragon has landed athwart the bridge, and vile minions of the Overlord spring from hiding ahead of you.

"Keep the interlopers back," bellows the Dragon, and with a loud CRACK you see that he is dismantling the bridge brick by brick! "This won't take but a minute." I you want to reach the Frozen Spire before nightfall, you must defeat the dragon before he destroys the bridge!

Monsters -
Shadow Dragons + 2 open groups (Ice Wyrms and Naga)

Setup - The Master Shadow Dragon is Ruin. He has an extra 8 health and has special rules. The Green Token is the Dragonheart.

Ruin - Ruin's Speed is 1, and the only thing he can do is move forward 1 space each turn. As he does so, the bridge is destroyed behind him. Dash cards don't work, he can't change orientation or expanding, and he only gets a single move action (no attacking). You cannot move him through any means except the Dragon Heart (see below), so Steelhorns Feat and Okaluks Crossbow won't shift him.

If a hero is blocking Ruin's path, the hero tests Might. If he passes, Ruin stays where he is. If he fails, the hero is pushed back one space as Ruin moves forward. If there are multiple heroes blocking him, just one tests Might (your choice).

Dragonheart - That Green Token is the Dragonheart. If a hero successfully attacks the heart (i.e. not a miss, and makes range) then Ruin takes 1 step back and loses 8 health. The Dragonheart is destroyed in the process. Basically, you don't NEED this to win but it'll make it easier!

Reinforcements - At the start of my turn, I can place 1 figure from 1 of my Open groups on the Entrance, respecting group limits.

Victory -
If the heroes kill Ruin, they are victorious and will have an easier time on the next map.

If Ruin reaches the end of the bridge (shown as the big red X) then the Overlord wins, and the Heroes will have a harder time on the next map.

Monster Stuff -
Shadow Dragons have Shadow (adjacent figures must spend a Surge to hit). Fire Breath isn't relevant because Ruin does not attack.

Naga have Sorcery 3 (convert Damage to Range and visa versa) and Grab as an action (adjacent hero tests might, if fails he is Immobilized). The Master is also Poisonous.

Ice Wyrms have Freezing (suffer 1 fatigue every time you enter a space adjacent to a Wyrm) and Reach (they can melee 2 spaces away instead of 1). The Master also has Swallow (if it defeats a Hero then he's swallowed and removed from the map. The heroes can't revive the defeated hero, but on his next turn he can still "stand up" as his only action and will enter the closest adjacent space of his choice next to the Wyrm. If the Wyrm is defeated with a swallowed Hero he'll be dropped on the floor in a space of your choice where the Wyrm was standing and can be revived as normal)

Water Spaces - Don't forget that entering a space with water costs 2 movement instead of 1.

New Map - I'm trying a different Vassal module, I thought you might find the square monster and hero images easier for checking Line of Sight etc. Don't mind switching back after this map if people don't like it.

I'll upload the Hero sheet once decisions have been made on gear and skills.
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Re: Pbp: Round 7 (Frozen Spire) - Descent 2e Campaign

Post by OneEye »

Okaluk and Rakash

"Ok its time to bring back the fun into this shizz-nizzlet! Say 'ello to ma little friend!"

Move to O9 (3 Movement)

Action #1 - Shoot Minion Wyrm - Shoot Minion Wyrm (Blue, Yellow): 2#1d6 6 2
Attack - Blue (6), Yellow (2) = Range 7, Damage 2 +1 (Surge + movement) = 3 Damage
Defence - Wyrm Defence (2 Grey): 2#1d6 5 2
Defence - Grey (5), Grey (2) = 3 Defence -1 (Pierce) = 2 Defence
Result = 1 Damage and move Wyrm to K,L,M 7,8)

Action #2 - Shoot Minion Wyrm - Shoot Minion Wyrm (Blue, Yellow): 2#1d6 3 6
Attack - Blue (3), Yellow (6) - Range 3, 4 Damage +2 (surge) = 6 Damage
Defence - Wyrm Defence (2 Grey): 2#1d6 3 1
Defence - Grey (3), Grey (1) = 1 Defence -1 (pierce) = 0 Defence
Result = 6 Damage

Move to P9 (1 Movement)

Code: Select all

Name: Okaluk and Rakash (Healer)
Ability: In addition to your 2 actions on your turn, you always receive 4 movement points.

Attributes: Characteristics:
Might: 3 Speed: 2
Willpower: 3 Health: 10 (8+2)
Knowledge: 2 Stamina: 3 (3)
Awareness: 3 Defence: 1 Grey

[b]Current XP - 2[/b]

Equipment:
Crossbow: Pierce 1, Surge +2 damage or +1 damage and move target 1 square - Blue and Yellow damage.
Wooden Shield: One Hand, Shield, Exhaust Card after rolling to add 1 Defence.
Leather Armour: +2 Health

Class Skill(s):
Prayer of Healing: Cost 1 Fatigue, Exhaust this card during your turn and choose yourself or an adjacent hero. Roll 1 Red Die, chosen Hero gains Health equal to roll (this is not an Action).

Time of Need: Action. You Receive 2 movement points and recover 2 Stamina

Radiant Light: Action, Cost 3 Fatigue. Roll 1 Red Die. Each Hero in your line of sight (including yourself) recovers the amount of Health rolled. Each monster in your line of sight suffers the amount of Damage rolled.

Heroic Feat: 
Action: You may revive all knocked out heroes within 3 spaces of you. Make one roll and apply it to all knocked out heroes. (delete section when used)
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

*edited my post above to reflect correct XP of 2*
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

Challara and Brightblaze

Move Brightblaze N8

Move (1 Stamina) to P7

Action #1 - Exploding Rune on Minion (1 Stamina) - Ice Storm (Blue, Yellow, Yellow): 3#1d6 3 4 4
Attack - Blue (3), Yellow (4), Yellow (4) = Range 3, 4 Damage +2 (surge and immobilize) +2 (surge - Runic Knowledge 1 Stamina) = 8 Damage (use mana weave surge for Iron Will to regain +2 Stamina)
Defence - Minion then Master Defence (G,G,G,G): 4#1d6 6 6 4 3
Minion - Grey (6), Grey (6) = 6 -1 (pierce) = 5 Defence = 3 Damage and immobilized!
Master - Grey (4), Grey (3) = 2 -1 (pierce) = 1 Defence = 7 Damage and immobilized!

Action #2 - Exploding Rune on Minion (1 Stamina) - Ice Storm on Minion (Blue, Yellow, Yellow): 3#1d6 2 3 4
Attack - Blue (2), Yellow (3), Yellow (4) - Range 4, 4 Damage +2 (surge), +2 (Runic Knowledge 1 Stamina) = 8 Damage
Defence - Minion then Master (G,G,G,G): 4#1d6 5 2 6 2
Minion - Grey (5), Grey (2) = 3 -1 (pierce) = 2 Defence = 6 Damage and DEAD!
Master - Grey (6), Grey (2) = 4 -1 (pierce) = 3 Defence = 5 Damage and immobilised still!

Name: Challara and Brightblaze (Mage)
Ability: At the beginning of each encounter, place Brightblaze in your space (Brightblaze is Move 4, grants Pierce 1 for any attacks against Monsters adjacent to Brightblaze).

Might: 3 Speed: 3
Willpower: 3 Health: 10 (10)
Knowledge: 4 Stamina: 3 (6)
Awareness: 1 Defence: 1 Silver

Equipment:
Weapon: Ice Storm 2 Handed. Magic. Rune. 1 Blue, 2 Yellow. Surge = Immobilize [b]or[/b] +2 Damage.
Mana Weave: Trinket. Rune. Add Surge to result. Exhaust after use.

Class Skill(s):
Runic Knowledge. While you have a Magic or Rune weapon equipped, each of your attacks gains Surge = Suffer 1 Fatigue to gain 2 Damage.

Exploding Rune (1). Action, cost 1 Fatigue. Perform an attack with a Rune Weapon, this Attack gains Blast.
Iron Will (2). You gain +1 Stamina. Each time you spend 1 Surge to regain Stamina, you gain 2 instead of 1.
Ghost Armour (1). After you roll defence dice when attacked, pay 1 Fatigue to add 1 Defence.

Heroic Feat: Action. Perform an attack. Before the attack roll, you may move Brightblaze to an empty space adjacent to your target (Not used)
Last edited by OneEye on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Yep all looks Ok to me
Nothing to see here!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Oh wait I think you are treating ice storm as +2 damage plus immobilize. They each require a surge separately.
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

Ok remove the immobilizes so yep easy fix.

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Post by Mathfuric »

Steelhorns is ready to play with worms! They're worms right?

Action: Move to M8 [Burn 1 stamina]

Action: Attack Master Ice Wyrm
Mace of Kellos v Master Ice Wyrm Blue; Red; Yellow: 1d6 1 1d6 5 1d6 3 = A miss of course . . . Arrrgh!!!!

Name: Steelhorns (Fighter/Knight)
Ability: If you perform 2 move actions you may suffer 1 Fatigue to perform an attack at the end of your turn.

Might: 5 Speed: 4
Willpower: 3 Health: 14 (14)
Knowledge: 1 Stamina: 2 (3)
Awareness: 2 Defence: 2 Grey (Chainmail) + 1 Brown (shield)

Equipment: 
Mace of Kellos (Melee): One Handed, Hammer. Surge = Each animal adjacent suffers 1 damage, or Recover 1 damage. 1 Blue, 1 Red, 1 Yellow Die.
Chain Mail (Heavy), 150gp: Additional Grey dice for defence. Speed cannot be increased past 4.
Iron Shield, 50gp: One Handed, Shield. Exhaust this card after rolling defense dice to either reroll 1 die or add 1 defence to the results.

Class Skill(s):
Oath of Honour: Action, Cost 1 Fatigue. Choose another hero within 3 spaces of you who has a monster adjacent to him. Place your hero figure in the closest empty space adjacent to the monster and perform an attack with a Melee weapon against that monster.
Defend (1 XP): When a hero adjacent to you is targeted by an attack, use this card (Cost 1 Fatigue) to instead declare yourself as the target. Range and line of sight are still measured to the targeted heroes space. (Note this would be tricky to do in an online setting, you'd need to nominate who you are protecting etc before I take my turn).
Defence Training (2 XP): As long as you have a Shield equipped, add 1 additional Brown die to your defence pool (even if this card is exhausted). When you would exhaust your currently equipped Shield (such as to use the Shield's ability), you may exhaust this card instead.
Shield Slam (2 XP): While you have a Shield equipped (even if exhausted), each of your attacks with a Melee weapon gain: Surge = Choose a monster adjacent to you. That monster is stunned.

Heroic Feat: Move your Speed. During this movement, you may enter spaces occupied by monster figures and move those figures into an adjacent empty space (or closest empty space) of your choice. (delete section when used)

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: Adeleague
Favourite Race: Norse

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

Tetherys

Tetherys Character Sheet

Name: Tetherys (Scout)
Ability: You may always roll your attack dice before your target rolls its defence dice. Each time after rolling your attack dice, you may choose to instead attack a different valid target. This new attack uses the same attack roll.

Might: 3 Speed: 4
Willpower: 1 Health: 10 (10)
Knowledge: 2 Stamina: 5 (5)
Awareness: 5 Defence: 1 Silver

Equipment:
Latari Longbow (Ranged): 2 Handed, Bow. Pierce 1. Surge = +2 Range or +2 Damage. 1 Blue, 2 Yellow die
Ring of Power: +1 Stamina

Class Skill(s)
Nimble: Cost 1 Fatigue. Each time a monster moves into a space adjacent to you, you may use this card to move 1 space; then the monster may continue it's activation.

Heroic Feat: Use after rolling your attack dice to choose a second valid target for your attack. Both targets are affected by the attack and roll defense dice separately. (delete section when used)

Danger Sense (1 XP): Action, Cost 2 Fatigue. Exhaust this card to force the overlord to discard 1 Overlord card from his hand at random.

Running Shot (3 XP). Each time you perform an attack with a Bow, you receive 2 movement points before or after the attack. If you have Heavy Armour equipped, you receive only 1 movement point instead.
Action: Running Shot

Move to P7

Shoot Master Ice Wyrm - Hits - 4 Damage vs 3 Armour -2 Pierce = 3 Damage

Action: Running Shot

Move to N8

Shoot Master Ice Wyrm - Hits - 4 Damage + 2 Surge (+2 Damage and +1 Fatigue) vs 1 Armour -2 Pierce = 6 Damage

Ignore above. I just realised the Master died from my previous hit.

Spend 5 Stamina to move to K11

Action: Rest
Southern Shrike Bowl 2018 - 20/21 October

Real Blood Bowlers take the Skull!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Note: Steelhorns cops 1 Stamina damage for moving into a space adjacent to an Ice Wyrm.

Overlord time. I draw 1 card, puts me on 5.

A Master Ice Wyrm spawns on K6/M7, whih is the nearest empty space.

Ruin takes one step forward.

The Minion Shadow Dragon moves to J13 and then moves again to K12, expanding to K12/M13.

The Master Wyrm moves to K9/M10. He attacks Tetherys. 6 Damage vs 1 Defence = 5 Damage.

The Minion Naga in G0/H1 double moves to J7/K8.

The other Minion Naga moves to K4/L5. He attacks Steelhorns. 6 Damage (1 range converted to dmaage) vs 2 Defence = 4 Damage. Steel rerolls the Grey 1, and gets +1 Defence, another +1 from the Shield. Makes it 2 damage total.

Master Naga moves up to behind top Minion.

I play Blood Rage on the Master Wyrm.

Attack 1 vs Teth: 7 Damage vs 1 Defence = 6 Damage. Teth is KO'ed, I draw 1 card.

Attack 2 vs Steelhorns: 6 Damage vs 0 Defence (sheesh) = 6 Damage. I play Dark Might and Critical Blow, adding a Surge and Surge = 3 Damage. Makes it 9 Damage total.

The Ice Wyrm is defeated.

I finish up with 2 cards in my hand.

Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Hey Mr Overlord Steelhorns is on 2 stamina
Mathfuric wrote:Action: Move to M8 [Burn 1 stamina]
If you take note I burnt my 1 stamina here as required when entering an area adjacent to Ice Wyrm, I start with 3 stamina therefore I have 2 left. :)

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Oh I took that to mean you burnt 1 stamina for movement, I didn't count out the steps.
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

this is cool, but I have my eye on you oh Evilness ;)

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

can you just spawn in a different room ?
you have to spawn in the entrance dont you

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

The entrance was blocked, so i spawned in the closest available space that would fit the wyrm.
Nothing to see here!

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

you can understand why soo many people are bitching about the conversion kit being skewed in the side of the over lord
in the case of big monsters anyway

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

I could have used merriods and elementals from the base kit which would have been nastier. I was trying to be nice :P
Nothing to see here!

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

reading some of the board game geek stuff there is a respawn timer for large monsters cos it seems like you go through all the effort to kill one and then they respawn straight away and no the only take 2 squares and arent that bad elementals are fun though

sorry ill stop hijacking

the old rules about not spawning in los were much better

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

redcard wrote:reading some of the board game geek stuff there is a respawn timer for large monsters cos it seems like you go through all the effort to kill one and then they respawn straight away and no the only take 2 squares and arent that bad elementals are fun though

sorry ill stop hijacking

Why don't you just take Challara's turn Brad

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

redcard wrote:reading some of the board game geek stuff there is a respawn timer for large monsters cos it seems like you go through all the effort to kill one and then they respawn straight away and no the only take 2 squares and arent that bad elementals are fun though

sorry ill stop hijacking

You should take over Challara, then it won't be hijacking :P
Nothing to see here!