Werewolf, Mafia, Great Minds etc...
Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ACTBBL
Favourite Race: Necromantic

Pbp: Finale (The Man Who Would Be King) - Descent 2e

Post by Virral »

Baron Greigory is more grave than you've ever seen him. "Well, we expected it and prepared for it and it's still not enough. Zachareth's armies have struck all across my border. My lads held the line, but they weren't prepared to be hit from behind at the same time..."

The elderly baron pauses on the stairs, catching his breath. It seems he can't fume and climb at the same time. "I've sent riders to the other barons and to Archaut. Old men and bloody fools... by the time they come to their senses it'll be too late for Rhynn and too late for me. It will be too late for Terrinoth." Greigory resumes his climb, leading you to the top of Arhynn's Grand Tower, then stands looking out over the farms and villages of his barony. The view is spectacular.

In the distance you see the smoke and flames of Zachareth's conquest. "He'll make himself king. Haven't had a king since Daqan, but I suppose Zachareth doesn't believe in the Curse of the Empty Throne. Ah, here they are." Following the old man's gaze, you find several specks growing in the sky. As they approach, you see that they are massive golden feathered birds - rocs - wearing harness and tack, each bearing a liveried rider.

"Baron Hadrian's rocs here will get you over to Carthmounts, so you can approach Castle Talon from behind. I think you know what you have to do, my friends," says Greigory. "I only wish I could be going with you."

Soon, you stand before Zacareth's seat, the one-grand Castle Talon. Its gates stand open and you pass through unchallenged. The castle yard is strewn with bodies - the common citizens of Zachareth's barony, those who dared defy the man who would be king. You get as far as the keep before you encounter anything but carrion birds: Splig, King of All Goblins, is emerging from the ktichens into the great hall, humming happily as he takes bites from a leg of mutton he holds in one hand. With his other hand he spins a twisted black-iron crown around one finger. Catching sight of you, he yelps.

"Better get this to the boss-man," Splig mutters. "To arms! Kill these intruders!" Suddenly the keep comes to life as monsters burst through every door. The chase is on!

Monsters - Sir Alric Farrow, weilding the Duskblade. Belthir, holding the Bones of Woe, Splig and one Open Group (Hellhounds).

Setup - The three lieutenants are where you see them. The open group is not placed at setup.

Special Rules - The doors are not opened and closed normally. Splig carries the Master Key and is able to open and close doors. As he flees, he can close doors behind him and lock them so the heroes cannot follow (as an action).

A hero who tries to open any door in this quest must test Might (to smash it open) or Awareness (to pick the lock). If he passes, the door opens as normal. If he fails, the door remains closed.

Reinforcements - At the start of my turn AFTER my first turn, I can place 1 monster from my open group on the Entrance. So turn 2 for me, one hellhound will spawn, basically.

Victory - The heroes must defeat Splig. If Splig escapes off the Exit, I win.

Monster Stuff -

The Hellhound Master has Aura (take one damage when you step adjacent to it).
All Hellhounds have FireBreath on a Surge (trace a four square path that the attack hits) and Pierce (3 for Minions, 4 for Master).

Splig has Not Me! (test awareness, if successful the attack is switched to an adjacent monster). Promotion is an action (test willpower, if successful upgrade a minion to a master within group limits). And Knockback on a Surge, which moves the target three spaces in the direction of my choice.

Sir Alric Farrow has Regeneration 1 (heal one at the start of each turn). Unmovable (can't push him around if I don't want you to). Overpower as an action, I take a move action and each time I enter a space adjacent with a Monster I can test Might and if successful switch places, hero suffers 1 fatigue. The Duskblade also gives him Surge = 5 Pierce, and any Hero starting their turn next to Alric is -1 to Speed for that turn.

Belthir has Fly (basically can ignore obstacles and enemy spaces while moving). He has Reach (melee up to 2 squares instead of 1). Cry Havoc is an action where he moves and hits every enemy he flys over (this counts as both of his actions). Also he has Poison on a Surge. The Bones of Woe allow me to roll one Blue die at the start of my turn, and if I roll a Surge I get an extra free card.

The Map - It's so large that I have to link to it rather than post here... boo!

Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Re: Pbp: Finale (The Man Who Would Be King) - Descent 2e

Post by OneEye »

Okaluk and Rakash

Prayer of Healing on Challara/Teth - Healing (Red): 1d6 2
Result - 2HP to both (only 1 needed of course)

Move to I29 (1 Stamina)

Action #1 - Time of Need
Move to I27

Move to H23 (4 Movement)

Action #2 - Open Door - Open Door (Might - Grey then Black): 2#1d6 5 3
Result - Just failed!

Code: Select all

Name: Okaluk and Rakash (Healer)
Ability: In addition to your 2 actions on your turn, you always receive 4 movement points.

Attributes: Characteristics:
Might: 3 Speed: 2
Willpower: 3 Health: 9 (8+2)
Knowledge: 2 Stamina: 2 (3)
Awareness: 3 Defence: 1 Grey

Equipment:
Dwarven Fire Bomb: Blue, Red, Yellow - Surge: +1 range and +1 damage, Blast, Stun (3 surge options)
Iron Shield: One Handed, Shield. Exhaust this card after rolling defence dice to either reroll 1 die or add 1 defence
Leather Armour: +2 Health
Mana Weave: Trinket. Rune. Add Surge to result. Exhaust after use.

Class Skill(s):
Prayer of Healing: Cost 1 Fatigue, Exhaust this card during your turn and choose yourself or an adjacent hero. Roll 1 Red Die, chosen Hero gains Health equal to roll (this is not an Action).

Divine Fury: Each time you use Prayer of Healing on a hero, that hero adds 1 additional Yellow die to his attack pool on his next attack this round

Holy Power: Your Prayer of Healing may now affect 2 different heroes. If you roll a Surge on the Red Power Die when using Prayer of Healing, both heroes recover 1 Stamina.

Time of Need: Action. You Receive 2 movement points and recover 2 Stamina

Prayer of Peace: Action, Cost 2 Fatigue. Exhaust this card. While this card is exhausted, monsters cannot perform an attack while adjacent to you.

Heroic Feat: 
Action: You may revive all knocked out heroes within 3 spaces of you. Make one roll and apply it to all knocked out heroes. (delete section when used)
Last edited by OneEye on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

When you step into I28, I play Web Trap. Okaluk, Challara and Steel must test Might, if they fail they are Immobilized.

Results: All Three Pass (boo!)
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Post by Mathfuric »

Yaye!!! ;D

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Mathfuric wrote:Yaye!!! ;D
Except that he then went on to fail the open roll :P
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

Wouldn't have been a roll if you hadn't failed so much ;D
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Don't worry wee man Steelhorns will get the door.

Action: Move to I25

Use 2 stamina to move to I23

Action: Open door.
Might test vs Door Grey; Black: 1d6 4 1d6 5 = Pass.

Burn 1 stamina to move to H22.

Name: Steelhorns (Fighter/Knight)
Ability: If you perform 2 move actions you may suffer 1 Fatigue to perform an attack at the end of your turn.

Might: 5 Speed: 4
Willpower: 3 Health: 15 (16)
Knowledge: 1 Stamina: 0 (4)
Awareness: 2 Defence: 2 Grey (Chainmail) + 1 Brown (shield)

Equipment: 
Mace of Kellos (Melee), 175gp: One Handed, Hammer. Surge = Each animal adjacent suffers 1 damage, or Recover 1 damage. 1 Blue, 1 Red, 1 Yellow Die.
Chain Mail (Heavy), 150gp: Additional Grey dice for defence. Speed cannot be increased past 4.
Heavy Steel Shield, 100gp: Exhaust this card after rolling defence dice to reroll 1 defence dice and add 1 shield to the result. 
Ring of Power, 150gp: Gain +1 stamina.

Class Skill(s):
Oath of Honour: Action, Cost 1 Fatigue. Choose another hero within 3 spaces of you who has a monster adjacent to him. Place your hero figure in the closest empty space adjacent to the monster and perform an attack with a Melee weapon against that monster.
Defend (1 XP): When a hero adjacent to you is targeted by an attack, use this card (Cost 1 Fatigue) to instead declare yourself as the target. Range and line of sight are still measured to the targeted heroes space. (Note this would be tricky to do in an online setting, you'd need to nominate who you are protecting etc before I take my turn).
Defence Training (2 XP): As long as you have a Shield equipped, add 1 additional Brown die to your defence pool (even if this card is exhausted). When you would exhaust your currently equipped Shield (such as to use the Shield's ability), you may exhaust this card instead.
Inspiration (3 XP): At the start of your turn, if you are adjacent to at least one other hero, you and each other hero adjacent to you recover 1 Fatigue.
Stalwart (3 XP): You gain +2 Health. When you are defeated, you may immediately move up to your Speed and perform an attack with a Melee weapon. After the attack is resolved, you are knocked out.

Heroic Feat: Move your Speed. During this movement, you may enter spaces occupied by monster figures and move those figures into an adjacent empty space (or closest empty space) of your choice. (delete section when used)

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein
Favourite Race: Skaven

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

Just to confirm the door open hasnt revealed a target for fattys not me skill
Commish of SLOBB
ATC Champions 2012, 2016, 2018
NSW State Rep 2011, 2013, 2015 (Champs), 2017 (Champs)

Champion: Leviathan '08, Eucalyptus Bowl 4, Sandgroper V, Southern Shrike Bowl 4, Dragon Bowl, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, Eucalyptus Bowl 14

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

When Steel steps into I28, I play a second Web Trap card. Steel and Challara must test Might, or be Immobilized.

Results: Both Pass (UGGGGGGGGGGGGGH SO CLOSE ON CHALLARA!)

Yep I can confirm that Splig does not have a target for Not Me currently.
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Virral wrote:When Steel steps into I28, I play a second Web Trap card. Steel and Challara must test Might, or be Immobilized.

Results: Both Pass (UGGGGGGGGGGGGGH SO CLOSE ON CHALLARA!)

Yep I can confirm that Splig does not have a target for Not Me currently.
Steelhorns can hear Evil Man crying! ;)
Last edited by Mathfuric on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

Tissue sales have risen 134% :'( :D :-*

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: Adeleague
Favourite Race: Norse

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

Tetherys

Tetherys Character Sheet

Name: Tetherys (Scout)
Ability: You may always roll your attack dice before your target rolls its defence dice. Each time after rolling your attack dice, you may choose to instead attack a different valid target. This new attack uses the same attack roll.

Might: 3 Speed: 4
Willpower: 1 Health: 10 (9)
Knowledge: 2 Stamina: 4 (2)
Awareness: 5 Defence: 1 Silver

Equipment:
Latari Longbow (Ranged): 2 Handed, Bow. Pierce 1. Surge = +2 Range or +2 Damage. 1 Blue, 2 Yellow die

Class Skill(s)
Nimble: Cost 1 Fatigue. Each time a monster moves into a space adjacent to you, you may use this card to move 1 space; then the monster may continue it's activation.

Heroic Feat: Use after rolling your attack dice to choose a second valid target for your attack. Both targets are affected by the attack and roll defense dice separately. (delete section when used)

Accurate (1 XP): Each time you perform an attack with a Bow, you may reroll 1 power die (once per attack).

Fleet of Foot (2 XP). Each time you suffer 1 Fatigue to gain 1 Movement, instead receive 2 Movement. Each time you use Nimble, you may move 2 spaces instead of 1.

Black Arrow (3 XP). Action, Cost 1 Fatigue. Perform an attack with a Bow. This attack gains +2 range. If you deal less than 3 Damage (after rolling defense dice) deal 3 Damage instead (unless this attack misses).

Running Shot (3 XP). Each time you perform an attack with a Bow, you receive 2 movement points before or after the attack. If you have Heavy Armour equipped, you receive only 1 movement point instead.
Action: Running Shot

Burn 1 fatigue to gain 2 movement.

Move to I28

Move to H26

Shoot Splig - Hits - 8 Damage + 2 Surges (+2 Damage & +2 Range) vs 3 Armour -1 Pierce = 8 Damage

Action: Running Shot

Move to H24

Shoot Splig - Miss - Re-roll Blue Power Die using Accurate - Hits - 4 Damage + 1 Surge (+2 Damage) vs 1 Armour -1 Pierce = 6 Damage

14 Damage all up!
Southern Shrike Bowl 2018 - 20/21 October

Real Blood Bowlers take the Skull!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Can Challara do 2 damage and finish it before it begins?

Can you believe that the original unFAQed version of this mission has Splig starting on your side of that door??
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

LOL seriously? That's a tad silly as we would have destroyed him that way

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Exactly. As it stood all you needed was one immobilize hit from Challara and it would all be over. The fact that he gets noone to use Not Me on is a killer.
Nothing to see here!

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

Challara:

Brightblaze to I25

Burn 2 Stamina for Movement

Move to I28

Action: Search
(figured I should do it first in case the map ended immediately)

Action: Attack Splig

Ice Storm Vs Splig
Attack (Blue [6], Yellow[3], Yellow[6], Yellow[1])= 9 Range, 4 Damage, 3 Surge (Used for +2 Stamina, +2 Damage, Immoblise)
Defence (Grey, Brown)= 1 Defence
Result= 6 Damage- 1 Defence = 5 Damage, Immoblized, +2 Stamina and Dead.

Sorry Im a bit rusty
Commish of SLOBB

Champion: Leviathan '08, Eucalyptus Bowl 4, Sandgroper V, Southern Shrike Bowl 4, Dragon Bowl, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, Eucalyptus Bowl 14

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Laaaaaaame but not unexpected. I'll have to do the new map tomorrow afternoon, and will do your search item then too.
Nothing to see here!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Challara forgot Disease. She fails, which doesn't affect this turn but does mean she is still diseased for the next map.

Challara finds a Fire Flask! (mwahahha)

1 - Nothing (0g)
2 - Power Potion (50g)
3 - Stamina Potion (25g)
4 - Stamina Potion (25g)
5 - Stamina Potion (25g)
6 - Health Potion (25g)
7 - Health Potion (25g)
8 - Health Potion (25g)
9 - Warding Talisman (50g)
10 - Fire Flask (50g)
11 - Curse Doll (50g)
12 - Treasure Chest (0g)

Next map this afternoon.
Nothing to see here!

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

Remind me what happens with that
Commish of SLOBB

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Flask? Its a one shot blue yellow ranged attack with blast on a surge.

If you mean disease, its stamina poison basically.
Nothing to see here!