Werewolf, Mafia, Great Minds etc...
Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Re: Pbp: Finale (The Man Who Would Be King) - Descent 2e

Post by Mathfuric »

Steelhorns has tried to defend you my little friends, but it is just you and me now my pointy eared friend.

Teth and Steel gain 1 stamina.

Action: Move to F4

Action: Rest

Code: Select all

Name: Steelhorns (Fighter/Knight)
Ability: If you perform 2 move actions you may suffer 1 Fatigue to perform an attack at the end of your turn.

Attributes: Characteristics:
Might: 5 Speed: 4
Willpower: 3 Health: 14 (16)
Knowledge: 1 Stamina: 4 (4)
Awareness: 2 Defence: 2 Grey (Chainmail) + 1 Brown (shield)

Equipment: 
Mace of Kellos (Melee), 175gp: One Handed, Hammer. Surge = Each animal adjacent suffers 1 damage, or Recover 1 damage. 1 Blue, 1 Red, 1 Yellow Die.
Chain Mail (Heavy), 150gp: Additional Grey dice for defence. Speed cannot be increased past 4.
Heavy Steel Shield, 100gp: Exhaust this card after rolling defence dice to reroll 1 defence dice and add 1 shield to the result. 
Ring of Power, 150gp: Gain +1 stamina.

Class Skill(s):
Oath of Honour: Action, Cost 1 Fatigue. Choose another hero within 3 spaces of you who has a monster adjacent to him. Place your hero figure in the closest empty space adjacent to the monster and perform an attack with a Melee weapon against that monster.
Defend (1 XP): When a hero adjacent to you is targeted by an attack, use this card (Cost 1 Fatigue) to instead declare yourself as the target. Range and line of sight are still measured to the targeted heroes space. (Note this would be tricky to do in an online setting, you'd need to nominate who you are protecting etc before I take my turn).
Defence Training (2 XP): As long as you have a Shield equipped, add 1 additional Brown die to your defence pool (even if this card is exhausted). When you would exhaust your currently equipped Shield (such as to use the Shield's ability), you may exhaust this card instead.
Inspiration (3 XP): At the start of your turn, if you are adjacent to at least one other hero, you and each other hero adjacent to you recover 1 Fatigue.
Stalwart (3 XP): You gain +2 Health. When you are defeated, you may immediately move up to your Speed and perform an attack with a Melee weapon. After the attack is resolved, you are knocked out.

Heroic Feat: Move your Speed. During this movement, you may enter spaces occupied by monster figures and move those figures into an adjacent empty space (or closest empty space) of your choice. (delete section when used)

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: Adeleague
Favourite Race: Norse

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

Tetherys

Tetherys Character Sheet

Name: Tetherys (Scout)
Ability: You may always roll your attack dice before your target rolls its defence dice. Each time after rolling your attack dice, you may choose to instead attack a different valid target. This new attack uses the same attack roll.

Might: 3 Speed: 4
Willpower: 1 Health: 10 (3)
Knowledge: 2 Stamina: 4 (4)
Awareness: 5 Defence: 1 Silver

Equipment:
Latari Longbow (Ranged): 2 Handed, Bow. Pierce 1. Surge = +2 Range or +2 Damage. 1 Blue, 2 Yellow die

Class Skill(s)
Nimble: Cost 1 Fatigue. Each time a monster moves into a space adjacent to you, you may use this card to move 1 space; then the monster may continue it's activation.

Heroic Feat: Use after rolling your attack dice to choose a second valid target for your attack. Both targets are affected by the attack and roll defense dice separately. (delete section when used)

Accurate (1 XP): Each time you perform an attack with a Bow, you may reroll 1 power die (once per attack).

Fleet of Foot (2 XP). Each time you suffer 1 Fatigue to gain 1 Movement, instead receive 2 Movement. Each time you use Nimble, you may move 2 spaces instead of 1.

Black Arrow (3 XP). Action, Cost 1 Fatigue. Perform an attack with a Bow. This attack gains +2 range. If you deal less than 3 Damage (after rolling defense dice) deal 3 Damage instead (unless this attack misses).

Running Shot (3 XP). Each time you perform an attack with a Bow, you receive 2 movement points before or after the attack. If you have Heavy Armour equipped, you receive only 1 movement point instead.
Action: Unstun

Action: Black Arrow Shot

Spend 1 Stamina to gain 2 movement points.

Move to F5 (Running Shot (as I'm taking a shot with a bow) gives me another 2 movement points, making 4 all up). So Steelhorns and I are now blocking the way

Shoot Zachareth – Hits with 5 Range - 5 Damage + 1 Surges (+1 Stamina) vs 7 Armour – 1 Pierce = 0 Damage, increased to 3 Damage due to Black Arrow.

Can't do more than 3 damage, even if I re-roll a power die, so I'll leave it as it is.

Once again, I reserve the right to potentially use Nimble in my turn.
Southern Shrike Bowl 2018 - 20/21 October

Real Blood Bowlers take the Skull!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ACTBBL
Favourite Race: Necromantic

Post by Virral »

Overlord time, I draw 1 card.

Zachareth snorts at the beesting dealt out by that annoying elf but frustratingly is still unable to control him despite how pathetically weakwilled she is.

"STEELHORNS, KNEEL BEFORE YOUR KING!"

"Screw moo I mean you!" shouts Steelhorns in defiance.

"BAH, YOU WILL BEND TO MY WILL YOU SILLY MOO COW!" screams the cruel despot.

I try Dominion, testing Zachs willpower. "BACK UP THE TRUCK YOU WALKING STEAK!" Zachareth howls with glee, as against his will Steelhorns is forced back to H4.

"NOW STAY WHERE YOU ARE!" (Steel tests willpower).

"Udderly preposterous" says Steelhorns, shrugging off the second mental attack in a row.

Next I activate the Golem, moving him to H5, expanding to G5/H6. He attacks Tetherys.

Attack: 7 Damage vs 1 Defence = 6 Damage. Tetherys is KILLED, I draw 1 card.

Finally I activate the Zombies.

Minion moves to I4 and attacks: 5 Damage (2 from Surge) vs 5 Defence (+1 from Shield) = 0 Damage

Master moves to I5 and attacks: Miss!

Minion in M1 moves to J4.

Minion Zombie spawns in M1.

I end my turn with 2 cards. And then there was one ;)

Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Time to die Lord Poopie Pants.

Burn stamina to move to G3

Action: Search
Search roll: 1d12 12 = Treasure chest???

Burn stamina to move to F4

Action: To pyre crown from Teth's cold dead hands.

Burn 2 Stamina to move to E2

Ability: If you perform 2 move actions you may suffer 1 Fatigue to perform an attack at the end of your turn.

Willpower: 3 Health: 14 (16)
Knowledge: 1 Stamina: 4 (4)

Equipment: 
Mace of Kellos (Melee), 175gp: One Handed, Hammer. Surge = Each animal adjacent suffers 1 damage, or Recover 1 damage. 1 Blue, 1 Red, 1 Yellow Die.
Chain Mail (Heavy), 150gp: Additional Grey dice for defence. Speed cannot be increased past 4.
Heavy Steel Shield, 100gp: Exhaust this card after rolling defence dice to reroll 1 defence dice and add 1 shield to the result. 

Class Skill(s):
Oath of Honour: Action, Cost 1 Fatigue. Choose another hero within 3 spaces of you who has a monster adjacent to him. Place your hero figure in the closest empty space adjacent to the monster and perform an attack with a Melee weapon against that monster.
Defend (1 XP): When a hero adjacent to you is targeted by an attack, use this card (Cost 1 Fatigue) to instead declare yourself as the target. Range and line of sight are still measured to the targeted heroes space. (Note this would be tricky to do in an online setting, you'd need to nominate who you are protecting etc before I take my turn).
Defence Training (2 XP): As long as you have a Shield equipped, add 1 additional Brown die to your defence pool (even if this card is exhausted). When you would exhaust your currently equipped Shield (such as to use the Shield's ability), you may exhaust this card instead.
Inspiration (3 XP): At the start of your turn, if you are adjacent to at least one other hero, you and each other hero adjacent to you recover 1 Fatigue.
Stalwart (3 XP): You gain +2 Health. When you are defeated, you may immediately move up to your Speed and perform an attack with a Melee weapon. After the attack is resolved, you are knocked out.

Heroic Feat: Move your Speed. During this movement, you may enter spaces occupied by monster figures and move those figures into an adjacent empty space (or closest empty space) of your choice. (delete section when used)

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Demo hide Armour
Dragon tooth hammer
Elven cloak
Grinding axe
Iron bound ring
Lightening strike
Platemail
Steel great sword
Tival crystal

Result: Steel great sword: http://orokos.com/roll/154458
Nothing to see here!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

You can equip the sword for free at this point, but it does mean losing your shield. Later it'd take an action.
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Staying with Mace. Your turn

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Post by OneEye »

Oh my god!! The one time we didn't need a treasure chest...
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Platemail, tival crystal or iron bound ring would have gone down nicely though!
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Post by OneEye »

True but nowhere near as useful as a health or stamina potion at this point.

Oh and I meant to mention this earlier. In the FAQ you posted, it talked about the mana weave being able to be passed between players and be used twice by different players. Very interesting (somewhat late now but for later).
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Eh you're using move actions to do that trading, I don't think it's really that big of a deal for the sake of a free surge.
Nothing to see here!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Overlord time, I draw 1 card (3 total).

Zachareth booms "WELL, YOU WILL NOT KNEEL BUT YOU SHALL STILL BEND BEFORE MY POWER"

He attempts Dominion. He succeeds, pushing Steel to F4, but fails to Immobilze him.

Next he attacks using Shadow Bolt (I realised I should have done this first for better range ::) )

Attack: Miss due to range (facepalm).

Golem attacks Steel

Attack: 9 Damage (2 from Surge) vs 1 Defence = 8 Damage. Use Shield to Reroll Grey 1 = Extra 4 Defence. Total damage = 4.

Master Zombie to F5. Attack Steel

Attack: 6 Damage vs 1 Defence = 5 Damage. Use DT to Reroll Grey 1 = Just 1 extra Defence. Total Damage = 4.

Minion I4 to G3. Attack Steel
Minion J4 to G4. Attack Steel

Attacks: 1 = 5 Damage (2 from Surge) + Disease vs 4 Defence = 1 Damage + Disease. 2 = 5 Damage (2 from Surge) vs 4 Defence = 1 Damage.

Minion M1 to J4.

Last Minion spawns in M1.

Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Action: Move to D2

Action: Search
Holding . . . Search roll: 1d12 1 = Nothing
Wanting a Health potion there, with finally finding a treasure chest which yelded jack looks like this ones over boys.

Continue moving to B3

Willpower: 3 Health: 4 (16)
Knowledge: 1 Stamina: 0 (4)

Equipment: 

Class Skill(s):

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Overlord time, I draw 1 card

"DIE BY MY HAND, RUMPSTEAK!"

King Zachareth attacks the hapless heffer.

Attack: 9 Damage (+2 and +1 from Surge) vs 8 Defence (+2 from Shield and DT) = 1 Damage. I played Dark Might to give me a second Surge.

"BAH, FINE... MINIONS, SLAUGHTER THIS BEASTMAN LIKE... WELL... CATTLE!"

Master Zombie moves to C3 and attacks.

Attack: 7 Damage (2 from Surge) vs 4 Defence = 3 Damage.

And with the zombie gnawing on his shoulder, and the hopes of the land dying with him, mighty Steelhorns sinks to the floor, letting out one last pitiful moooooooooo!

As the last hero falls, Zachareth extends a hand and takes his crown from a scurrying servant. With a smug grin, he settles it on his brow and strides forth from his castle, marching calmly towards Baron Greigory's approaching army.

The old baron is clad all in mail, girded for war and surrounded by a dozen of his finest knights, with a column of his soldiers at his back. Zachareth stands alone before his black castle, but as he raises his hand Greigory and all his men drop to one knee.

"My leige," says Baron Greigory. "What is your command?"

Thus ends one of the most thorough ass-whupping in Descent history ;D
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

With his last breath Steelhorns whispers into Cindy's ear, a small smile comes across the dolls face as she quietly slips out from the Black Castle unseen . . .

Steelhorns's son will one day rise to bring this Tyranny to it's knees
;D

Cheers Virral, nice win mate very much enjoyed playing and thought the last battle was great fun. Happy to play again if it ever happens.