Werewolf, Mafia, Great Minds etc...
Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ACTBBL
Favourite Race: Necromantic

Re: Pbp: Finale (The Man Who Would Be King) - Descent 2e

Post by Virral »

I am controlling your actions, you are not in control, so no skills or equipment I don't want to use are applicable. Do you really think it makes sense that I take you over, make you smack yourself in the face with a club and you have the free will necessary to bring your shield up to block it?

No more off topic stuff in this topic please, feel free to move discussion to the other thread.
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Post by OneEye »

Okaluk and Rakash

Move to O4 (1 Movement)

Prayer of Healing (Teth/Okaluk) - Prayer of Healing (Red): 1d6 1
Result - 1HP AND EXTRA YELLOW ATTACK DICE

Move to N6 (2 Movement)

Action #1 - Attack Golem (K5) - Attack Golem (K5) - (Blue, Red, Yellow, Yellow): 4#1d6 1 5 4 3
Result - Of course a miss.

Action #2 - Attack Golem (K5) Attack Golem (K5) - (Blue, Red, Yellow): 4#1d6 2 4 5
Result - Blue (2), Red (4), Yellow (5) - 2 +1 Range, 6 +1 = 7 Damage (surge for +1 range/damage, manaweave surge to stun)
Defence - Golem then Eliza Defence (Grey, Black, Brown, Grey): 4#1d6 1 5 5 1
Defence - Golem - Grey (1), Black (5) = 3 Defence, Eliza - Brown (5), Grey (1) = 1 Defence

Result
Golem = 4 damage and stunned
Eliza = 6 damage and stunned

Move to O5 (1 Movement)

Code: Select all

Name: Okaluk and Rakash (Healer)
Ability: In addition to your 2 actions on your turn, you always receive 4 movement points.

Attributes: Characteristics:
Might: 3 Speed: 2
Willpower: 3 Health: 10 (8+2)
Knowledge: 2 Stamina: 2 (3)
Awareness: 3 Defence: 1 Grey

Equipment:
Dwarven Fire Bomb: Blue, Red, Yellow - Surge: +1 range and +1 damage, Blast, Stun (3 surge options)
Iron Shield: One Handed, Shield. Exhaust this card after rolling defence dice to either reroll 1 die or add 1 defence
Leather Armour: +2 Health
Mana Weave: Trinket. Rune. Add Surge to result. Exhaust after use.

Class Skill(s):
Prayer of Healing: Cost 1 Fatigue, Exhaust this card during your turn and choose yourself or an adjacent hero. Roll 1 Red Die, chosen Hero gains Health equal to roll (this is not an Action).

Divine Fury: Each time you use Prayer of Healing on a hero, that hero adds 1 additional Yellow die to his attack pool on his next attack this round

Holy Power: Your Prayer of Healing may now affect 2 different heroes. If you roll a Surge on the Red Power Die when using Prayer of Healing, both heroes recover 1 Stamina.

Time of Need: Action. You Receive 2 movement points and recover 2 Stamina

Prayer of Peace: Action, Cost 2 Fatigue. Exhaust this card. While this card is exhausted, monsters cannot perform an attack while adjacent to you.

Heroic Feat: 
Action: You may revive all knocked out heroes within 3 spaces of you. Make one roll and apply it to all knocked out heroes. (delete section when used)
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Golems cannot be stunned.

I play Pit Trap on Okaluk at his final point of movement. He tests Awareness, if he fails he takes 1 damage and is stunned.

He fails, so will be stunned at the start of his next turn.
Nothing to see here!

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: Adeleague
Favourite Race: Norse

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

Tetherys

Tetherys Character Sheet

Name: Tetherys (Scout)
Ability: You may always roll your attack dice before your target rolls its defence dice. Each time after rolling your attack dice, you may choose to instead attack a different valid target. This new attack uses the same attack roll.

Might: 3 Speed: 4
Willpower: 1 Health: 10 (4)
Knowledge: 2 Stamina: 4 (4)
Awareness: 5 Defence: 1 Silver

Equipment:
Latari Longbow (Ranged): 2 Handed, Bow. Pierce 1. Surge = +2 Range or +2 Damage. 1 Blue, 2 Yellow die

Class Skill(s)
Nimble: Cost 1 Fatigue. Each time a monster moves into a space adjacent to you, you may use this card to move 1 space; then the monster may continue it's activation.

Heroic Feat: Use after rolling your attack dice to choose a second valid target for your attack. Both targets are affected by the attack and roll defense dice separately. (delete section when used)

Accurate (1 XP): Each time you perform an attack with a Bow, you may reroll 1 power die (once per attack).

Fleet of Foot (2 XP). Each time you suffer 1 Fatigue to gain 1 Movement, instead receive 2 Movement. Each time you use Nimble, you may move 2 spaces instead of 1.

Black Arrow (3 XP). Action, Cost 1 Fatigue. Perform an attack with a Bow. This attack gains +2 range. If you deal less than 3 Damage (after rolling defense dice) deal 3 Damage instead (unless this attack misses).

Running Shot (3 XP). Each time you perform an attack with a Bow, you receive 2 movement points before or after the attack. If you have Heavy Armour equipped, you receive only 1 movement point instead.
Action: Running Shot

Move to N4 (I assume I have LOS to the Golem from here, otherwise I'll choose another square).

Shoot Golem - Miss - Re-roll Blue Power Die using Accurate - Hits - 6 Damage + 1 Surge (+2 Damage) vs 5 Armour = 3 Damage

Action: Black Arrow

Shoot Golem - Hits - 4 Damage + 2 Surges (+2 Damage and ??) vs 2 Armour = 4 Damage

Dead Golem

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I I don't think I need +2 Range on the attack. I'm also not sure if I can take the +1 Stamina and then spend it straight away (keeping me on max stamina of 4 at the end of my turn), or if I can't go above max stamina at any point (so the second surge is just wasted).

In any case, spend 1 Stamina to gain 2 movement points (Fleet of Foot).

Move to O6.
Southern Shrike Bowl 2018 - 20/21 October

Real Blood Bowlers take the Skull!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

I play Dark Fortitude on the 1st attack, adding 2 additional defence and reducing it to 1 damage.

And no, you can't go above your max stamina. But Black Arrow costs 1 stamina (meaning you were on 3), and you can then regain one with the unspent surge (putting you back to 4). You then spend that one stamina on movement (putting you back on 3 for the end of your turn).
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Post by Mathfuric »

What HP doe that put the Golem on?

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

Virral wrote:I play Dark Fortitude on the 1st attack, adding 2 additional defence and reducing it to 1 damage.

And no, you can't go above your max stamina. But Black Arrow costs 1 stamina (meaning you were on 3), and you can then regain one with the unspent surge (putting you back to 4). You then spend that one stamina on movement (putting you back on 3 for the end of your turn).
Ok, given you used Dark Fortitude and the Golem isn't dead, can I use Accurate to re-roll my Yellow 2 to see if I can get an extra Damage and kill the Golem?

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Yes that seems fair enough to me.
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

How can you reduce damage done by dark arrow when I gives 3 damage regardless? In my phone so difficult to check everything, might be very obvious
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

OneEye wrote:How can you reduce damage done by dark arrow when I gives 3 damage regardless? In my phone so difficult to check everything, might be very obvious
He didn't. He reduced the first attack, which was a running shot.

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

I rolled a 3, which gives me 1 more range, but still only 1 damage. So I believe the Golem is on 1 health.

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

Oh apologies I read it wrong. Read it as the first attack not doing enough damage so Black arrow was used. Cool.

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Steelhorns thinks he need rocks for his garden.

Action: Unstun

Burn Stamina to move to M5

Action: Reverse swing at Golem.
Mace of Kellos v Golem Blue; Red; Yellow: 1d6 6 1d6 5 1d6 2 = 5 damage + Surge
Golem defence Grey; Black: 1d6 6 1d6 1 = 3 defence
Damage: 5 damage - 3 defence = 2 damage and Dead

Surge to gain stamina

Burn 1 stamina to move to N5

Use defend on Okal if still beside Steel, otherwise Teth. Defend only twice.

Name: Steelhorns (Fighter/Knight)
Ability: If you perform 2 move actions you may suffer 1 Fatigue to perform an attack at the end of your turn.

Might: 5 Speed: 4
Willpower: 3 Health: 16 (16)
Knowledge: 1 Stamina: 3 (4)
Awareness: 2 Defence: 2 Grey (Chainmail) + 1 Brown (shield)

Equipment: 
Mace of Kellos (Melee), 175gp: One Handed, Hammer. Surge = Each animal adjacent suffers 1 damage, or Recover 1 damage. 1 Blue, 1 Red, 1 Yellow Die.
Chain Mail (Heavy), 150gp: Additional Grey dice for defence. Speed cannot be increased past 4.
Heavy Steel Shield, 100gp: Exhaust this card after rolling defence dice to reroll 1 defence dice and add 1 shield to the result. 
Ring of Power, 150gp: Gain +1 stamina.

Class Skill(s):
Oath of Honour: Action, Cost 1 Fatigue. Choose another hero within 3 spaces of you who has a monster adjacent to him. Place your hero figure in the closest empty space adjacent to the monster and perform an attack with a Melee weapon against that monster.
Defend (1 XP): When a hero adjacent to you is targeted by an attack, use this card (Cost 1 Fatigue) to instead declare yourself as the target. Range and line of sight are still measured to the targeted heroes space. (Note this would be tricky to do in an online setting, you'd need to nominate who you are protecting etc before I take my turn).
Defence Training (2 XP): As long as you have a Shield equipped, add 1 additional Brown die to your defence pool (even if this card is exhausted). When you would exhaust your currently equipped Shield (such as to use the Shield's ability), you may exhaust this card instead.
Inspiration (3 XP): At the start of your turn, if you are adjacent to at least one other hero, you and each other hero adjacent to you recover 1 Fatigue.
Stalwart (3 XP): You gain +2 Health. When you are defeated, you may immediately move up to your Speed and perform an attack with a Melee weapon. After the attack is resolved, you are knocked out.

Heroic Feat: Move your Speed. During this movement, you may enter spaces occupied by monster figures and move those figures into an adjacent empty space (or closest empty space) of your choice. (delete section when used)

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

You'll be next to both of them. Defend both, or just Okaluk?
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

Yes let Teth die

ahem

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Well he said Okaluk unless he wasn't next to him, so that's what I'll work on. Taking my turn now.
Nothing to see here!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Overlord time. I draw 1 card (these Bones are broken!)

I start with the Master Golem, he moves to L6, expanding to L6/M7. He attacks Steelhorns:

6 Damage vs 4 Defence (+2 from Shield and DT) = 2 Damage. I will leave it to Math to decide if he wants to reroll the two Grey dice, 2/6 is an improvement but 1/6 is a reduction.

Next, Zachareth attempts to use Dominion on Steelhorns. Zach tests Willpower: He fails.

Second, Zach shouts "KNEEL BEFORE ME, OKALUK!" Okaluk tests Willpower: He fails.

"OKALUK, ATTACK YOUR FRIEND TETHERYS!"

I'll pause at this point, because with Steel still there I think we need to decide if Steel will be using Defend. Remember: The result might be a blast which would hit all three Heroes, and Steel can use Defend twice to absorb all damage if desired.
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Ok reroll 1 grey armour dice with shield, as I can only reroll one and as both are a 2 it doesn't matter which one.

Ok lets take all the damage, he's a HERO!!!!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

You can reroll both if ypu want thanks to the new shield plus defence training
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Ok then reroll both, oh wait I did it . . .

Reroll armour Grey; Grey: 1d6 2 1d6 6 = 4 defence