Virral Descends Again (Descent 2E PbP)

Werewolf, Mafia, Great Minds etc...
Fassbinder75
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: MBBL
Favourite Race: High Elf

Re: Virral Descends Again (Descent 2E PbP)

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Guys, please. Maybe we should talk about this tomorrow after a good nights sleep.

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ACTBBL
Favourite Race: Necromantic

Post by Virral »

I've slept on it, and between being accused of cheating by Redcard and now One Eyes behaviour I've had enough. Running these games is a shitload of time and work and I do not do it with the hopes of getting spat on for my trouble. Once was disappointing enough but for it to happen twice within the space of a single map is the straw that breaks the camels back.

Sorry to Math and Fass for the wasted time but this is over. If I decide to run any more games in future I think I'll stick to single session games because these big campaigns are just not worth it if this is the behaviour it brings out in people.
Nothing to see here!

Fassbinder75
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Fassbinder75 »

My first reaction: AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

I feel like Quellen was just starting to come out of his stony shell and now its all over :'( But I understand your reasons. This is a tough game for a few reasons:

1.Its competitive, you are here to beat us and not merely facilitate a story for the players. From my perspective you'd had a better run than us Virral, I think you were up 2-1 with this one in the balance. That may have been a factor - there's three or four of us vs one of you, if the players lose more then there's more unhappy bunnies - which SHOULD NOT be a factor, but with humans and the internet involved it possibly is.

It also means that because you're not an impartial storyteller it limits your mandate to kick players. I don't think it would be fair if the players had to defer to the Overlord or risk being kicked.

2. There are a lot of rules intersecting each other, in Descent's defence I'd say its a very elegant game for what it is trying to do, but there are inevitably intersections that need a FAQ or some sort of mediation.

Secret Doors are always a problem in role playing games. This red door is very poorly implemented IMO because the rules don't make any sense. Because we know the whole map already, we can see the 'secret door' from the outset - yet we can't pass through this door until we find the key. But monsters can without it - are they opening the door or passing through it?

It would have been better implemented if it was a one-way door until we found the key. The monsters could have the option of opening it and closing it, rather than 'passing through'.

Fassbinder75
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Fassbinder75 »

I forgot to say thanks as well. If you ever decided to re-start, I'm still keen.

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Post by Mathfuric »

My first reaction is as Fass, AWWWWWWWWW!

I can understand the decision, but it still makes me sad. As stated by Fass this is a competative game (which I love about it) and causes clashes, which are not helped by poorly worded and abstract rules.

This rule should have been better defined, as such with a one way door.

Anyway, cheers for giving it a go Virral and putting your time into it. Thanks to Oneeye and Fass for the memories.

Keen to play an more games in the future.

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Post by OneEye »

Cheers for the game Math and Fass and of course Virral for running them. Great fun splattered with some not so fun.
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296