Werewolf, Mafia, Great Minds etc...
Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ACTBBL
Favourite Race: Necromantic

Ruinous Whispers (D2E Quest 1)

Post by Virral »

Dreams of fortune and glory; untamed lands, and old mysteries have brought you to the edges of Terrinoth, near to the ruined city of Sudanya. Little is known of this place and its people, but tales and legends give naught but high allure to the seasoned adventurer.

A dark omen shrouds your steps when you first discover the scattered remains of a Dunwarr expedition to these lands. Dead and burned, the bodies of these explorers transform to caution what was once a sense of excitement. Your destination of the Pylia Caravan, formed into an encampment for several weeks of local trade, lies not far on the road ahead.

The expedition's fate forces you to recall many dark rumours regarding the mysterious city. Sinster forces, terrible magic, and a deep seed of evil led to Sudanya's downfall, or so it is said. Will you unlock the secrets of the forgotten city, or will this grisly scene prove an ominous sign of things to come...?

Since finding the remains of the Dunwarr camp, your day as not improved. You arrive near to the Pylia Caravan encampment to the sight of rising smoke and the sound of screams. Drawing your weapons, you hurry forward.

Grinning goblins chase and harry the panicking civilians, but one individual in particular catches your eye. A women, garbed in finery high above the station of other traders and travelers, lies unconscious near a scattered fire pit.

One of the goblins, dressed in shaman's apparel of bones and feathers, barks a command and points a clawed finger toward her. The other goblins cease their general mischief and rush to obey.

They must have some want of her; reason enough for you to intervene.

Ruinous Whispers

Monsters: Goblin Archers, Goblin Witchers
Red Token: This is the captive woman
Numbered Villagers: These are panicked travellers who may get in your way.

Terrain Notes:
The red X squares are obstacles which block line of sight and movement.
The red dash lines show areas which are at different elevation. They block movement but NOT line of sight. You can melee someone across the line, but the person being attacked gets an extra Black defence die.
The blue section is water and takes 2 movement points to enter instead of 1.

Special Rules:
The Goblin's Captive - As an action, while adjacent to the captive woman, a goblin archer or goblin witcher may pick her up. While a goblin is carrying the captive, its speed is reduced to 3. If it grabbed the captive during a move action, it's remaining movement points are reduced by 2 for that turn. In addition, while a Goblin Archer carries the captive woman it loses it's Scamper ability.

As an action, while adjacent to the goblin carrying the captive woman, a goblin may help the goblin with the captive. Helping them means the goblin with the captive can move one space immediately in any direction.

While carrying the captive, a goblin may move off the map through the exit.

Widespread Panic
- Each villager token represents a panicked traveler. After each hero takes his turn, the overlord chooses 1 traveller (that hasn't already been picked) and rolls 1 brown defence die. On a blank result, the Overlord can activate the Villager. On any other result, the Hero gets to activate them instead.

When activating a traveller, the controlling player chooses a direction and moves the Villager 2 spaces in that direction. If the traveller cannot move the full two spaces, move it as far as possible in that direction.

After moving at least 1 space, if a traveller ends its movement next to a hero the overlord may move the hero to any empty adjacent space. If no space is available, the hero suffers 1 fatigue.

All figures may move through travellers. However you cannot interrupt a move action while standing in the same space as a traveller, and Travellers do block line of sight.

When performing an attack, if the attacking hero is adjacent to a traveller they cannot target any Monster adjacent to the same traveller.

Reinforcements:
At the start of each turn I may place one Goblin Archer and one Goblin Witcher, on their respective starting locations (Garden and Pond).

Victory Conditions:
The Heroes must kill ALL Goblin Archers and Goblin Witchers (i.e. there must be none left on the map at the end of the Heroes turn.

The Overlord must get a Goblin carrying the Captive off the Exit (C12/13)

I have nominated starting locations for you all, but I don't mind if you want to shuffle them around before starting.
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Re: Ruinous Whispers (D2E Quest 1)

Post by OneEye »

I'll get things started because i'm a beserker and i listen to no-one but the voices in my head!!!!

Action #1 - Move to K4 (4 Movement)

Stamina move to J4 (1 Stamina)

Action #2 - Rest (recover to full stamina)

**EDITED TO ADD IN BELOW CHARACTER SHEET**

Code: Select all

[b]Name: Reynhart the Worthy (Warrior)[/b]
Ability: If you roll an X during an attack roll, you may suffer 1 Stamina to reroll 1 attack dice. Limit once per attack.

Attributes: Characteristics:
Might: 3 Speed: 4
Willpower: 4 Health: 12
Knowledge: 1 Stamina: 4 (4)
Awareness: 3 Defence: 1 Grey

Equipment:
Chipped Greataxe: Blue/Red attack dice. Surge +1 Damage (can be used twice per attack)

Class Skill(s):
Rage: Costs 1 Stamina. Perform an attack with a melee weapon. This attack gains +1 damage

Heroic Feat: 
Use after rolling an X during an attack roll to recover all of your Stamina and to reroll any or all of the dice in your attack pool.
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

I choose Villager 3. I rolled a 5 so One Eye chooses direction for villager to move 2 spaces.

http://orokos.com/roll/177090
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Post by Mathfuric »

Character sheet only.

Jain 'Treasure Hunter' Fairwood (Scout)
Ability: When you suffer any amount of 'heart' from an attack, you may choose to suffer some or all of that amount as 'sweat drop' instead. you can not suffer 'sweat drop' in excess of your stamina.

Might: 2 Speed: 5
Willpower: 2 Health: 8
Knowledge: 3 Stamina: 5 (5)
Awareness: 4 Defence: 1 Grey

Equipment:
Leather Whip (Melee, one-handed): Reach. Blue, yellow. Surge - Pierce 1. Surge - Move target 1 space.
The dead mans compass (Trinket): Exhaust this card during your turn. If you are within 3 spaces of a search token, immediately gain 1 movement point.

Class Skill(s):
Delver: If you are not adjacent to any other hero, each of your attacks gain +1 'heart'. Each time you draw a Search card, instead draw 2 and choose 1 to keep. The place the other search card either on the top or bottom of the Search deck.

Heroic Feat: 
You may move double your speed and preform an attack action.

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Post by OneEye »

Virral wrote:I choose Villager 3. I rolled a 5 so One Eye chooses direction for villager to move 2 spaces.

http://orokos.com/roll/177090
I move Villager 3 to K5
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Great! Reynhart is moved to I3.
Nothing to see here!

Fassbinder75
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: MBBL
Favourite Race: High Elf

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Character sheet, belatedly.

High Mage Quellen (Geomancer)
Ability: At the start of your turn, you may choose another hero within 3 spaces of you. If the chosen hero has at least 1 fatigue token on his Hero sheet, you recover 1. If he has fatigue tokens equal to his stamina, you recover 2.

Might: 1 Speed: 4
Willpower: 3 Health: 10
Knowledge: 5 Stamina: 4 (1)
Awareness: 2 Defence: 1 Grey

Equipment:
Stasis Rune (Ranged, two-handed): Blue, yellow. Surge(1) +1 damage.  Surge(2) Immobilize.

Class Skill(s):
Terracall - Exhaust this card to place a Summoned Stone in an empty space within 3 spaces of you.  While this card is exhausted, 1 of your Summoned Stones may perform an attack during its activation (using 1 of your equipped Magic weapons).

Heroic Feat: 
Use at the start of your turn to increase your Stamina by 4 for the remainder of the turn. At the end of your turn recover all of your fatigue.
Last edited by Fassbinder75 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fassbinder75
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: MBBL
Favourite Race: High Elf

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Action 1: Move from O-0 to L-4 (4move). Move from L4 to J4 (2 Stamina).
Action 2: Use Terracall, summoning Stone to G7 (1 Stamina)

Follow with Stone's Activation - use Stasis Rune to attack Goblin Witcher at G10.

Attack
Blue, Yellow: 2#1d6 5 1
Range 6 (good) 1 damage,1 surge (+1 damage) = 2 damage

Goblin defence
Grey: 1d6 3
1 saved, Net 1 damage to Witcher@D6 (2-1).

Updated Character sheet. Let me know if I f'ed that up in any way.

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

Alvric Albright (Alchemist)

Ability: Each hero within 3 spaces of you gains surge recover 1 health on all attack rolls

Might: 2 Speed: 4
Willpower: 3 Health: 12
Knowledge: 4 Stamina: 4 
Awareness: 2 Defence: 1 Grey

Equipment : Smoking vials ranged green blue power die. surge  poison double surge +3 damage one hand

Class Skill(s):
Choose yourself or one adjacent hero give that hero an elixir token. Once per turn a hero may discard an elixir token to roll a red power die and gain health equivalent to the hearts rolled.

Heroic Feat: 
roll 2 red power dice all heroes within 3 spaces regain that amount of health in hearts

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

ok i will double move to j3
and give an elixir token to Reynheart as he is about to be a pin cushion

spending 1 fatigue
now at 3

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

wait that may change depending on stupid villagers sorry virral

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

I choose villager 4, and roll a blank. Villager to K3, Quellen to K4

http://orokos.com/roll/177167
Nothing to see here!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

redcard wrote:ok i will double move to j3
and give an elixir token to Reynheart as he is about to be a pin cushion

spending 1 fatigue
now at 3
This still fine?
Nothing to see here!

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

yeah still all good mate

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Ok, Villager 2, I choose you!

Brown: 6

Redcard chooses direction for Villager 2 to move two spaces.

Mathfuric, if you read this first just take your turn, nothing Villager 2 ends up doing should affect you.
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Me be smelling Treasure in the air.

Action: Move to N6

Burn 1 stamina to M7

Exhaust Dead mans compass to move to M8

Action: Search token.

Ability: When you suffer any amount of 'heart' from an attack, you may choose to suffer some or all of that amount as 'sweat drop' instead. you can not suffer 'sweat drop' in excess of your stamina.

Willpower: 2 Health: 8 (8)
Knowledge: 3 Stamina: 4 (5)

Equipment:
Leather Whip (Melee, one-handed): Reach. Blue, yellow. Surge - Pierce 1. Surge - Move target 1 space.
The dead mans compass (Trinket): Exhaust this card during your turn. If you are within 3 spaces of a search token, immediately gain 1 movement point.

Class Skill(s):
Delver: If you are not adjacent to any other hero, each of your attacks gain +1 'heart'. Each time you draw a Search card, instead draw 2 and choose 1 to keep. The place the other search card either on the top or bottom of the Search deck.

Heroic Feat: 

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

villager to o5

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Jain finds...

Choose one, and let me know if you return the other to the top or bottom of the deck.

Meanwhile, Villager 1 feels a bit frisky.

Brown = 4. Mathfuric chooses direction.
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf

Post by Mathfuric »

Takes Warding Talisman, placing Cursed Doll at top of pile.

Traveller moves to K8

Willpower: 2 Health: 8 (8)
Knowledge: 3 Stamina: 4 (5)

Equipment:

Search Cards:
Warding Talisman (Item 50gp): Flip this card over after rolling defence dice to add 2 'shield' to your results.

Class Skill(s):

Heroic Feat: 

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Jain is moved to K7. Overlord turn incoming.
Nothing to see here!