Werewolf, Mafia, Great Minds etc...
Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ACTBBL
Favourite Race: Necromantic

Honour Amongst Thieves (D2E Quest 2)

Post by Virral »

A string of thefts litters the trail toward the dwarf known as Raythen, the lone survivor of the Dunwarr expedition massacre. From what you've heard, the man is an untrustworthy sort, but his experience in the ruins of Sudanya may prove vital to your efforts.

The trail leads you to a broken encampment crawling with foul creatures. They appear to be looking for something, and you quickly discover to your dismay that an individual fitting Raythen's description is imprisoned in a cage at the edge of the camp, sitting on a wagon and waiting for transport. Sneaking up for a closer look, the mechanism looks quite complex, and you doubt your ability to crack it without assistance.

Luckily, various hooded individuals appear to have been left alone by the creatures. They watch from the shadows as the encampment is torn apart in the search. Perhaps the shadowy figures are former comrades of the ruffian you seek, and perhaps they know something of the cage mechanism.

Perhaps they'll even tell you... for a price.

Monsters:
Goblin Witchers, Volucrix Reavers, Open Group (Merriods)

Special Rules:
The Question Mark Tokens are Thieves to be questioned. 4 have the information you seek, and the other 4 are Monsters in disguise (Volucrix Reavers, 3 Minions and 1 Master).

To question a Thief, an adjacent hero must use an action. At that point, pause what you're doing and I'll roll to see if you've found information you need or a Volucrix Reaver. If you find a Reaver, it gets one free action immediately which I will take before you continue.

Cracking the Code:
In the tabletop version, there is a mechanic where finding information forces me to show you part of the code for a second before hiding it again, and you can then attempt to guess the full code while standing on the exit. I can also remove some of your guesses if I knock out two heroes at the same time.

Instead, we'll play it that you need to find three of the four pieces of info, and get one hero to the exit (G14 or G15).

No Time To Waste:
At the end of the Sixth Overlord turn, it will be the end of the mission. The Heroes will have one final turn to attempt to find enough information and get to the exit, but will not be allowed to recover health or stamina, hit search spots and so on. Treat this as a free "last chance" turn to get what you need before Raythen is dragged away in his cage. If you succeed during this free turn it'll be considered a pass, not as good as a full victory but you'll get some advantage from it.

Down For The Count:
If 2 Heroes are ever knocked out at the same time, the number of information tokens you need to find will rise to four. This replaces the rule which cuts back the number of guesses you can make each time it happens in the tabletop version.

Reinforcements:
At the start of each Overlord turn, I may place one Goblin Witcher on the Waterfall, respecting group limits.

Victory Conditions:

To Win, you must find a sufficient number of information tokens and reach the exit before the end of my sixth turn.
To Pass, you must find what you need and exit on the seventh "free" turn.
To Lose, you must fail to do that stuff I just said.

Win/Pass/Lose will have an impact on the second half of this encounter.

Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Re: Honour Amongst Thieves (D2E Quest 2)

Post by OneEye »

Reynhart the Worthy

Updated

Code: Select all

[b]Name: Reynhart the Worthy (Warrior)[/b]
Ability: If you roll an X during an attack roll, you may suffer 1 Stamina to reroll 1 attack dice. Limit once per attack.

Attributes: Characteristics:
Might: 3 Speed: 4 (+1 per round)
Willpower: 4 Health: 16
Knowledge: 1 Stamina: 4 (4)
Awareness: 3 Defence: 1 Grey

Equipment:
Chipped Greataxe: Blue/Red attack dice. Surge +1 Damage (can be used twice per attack)
Elven Boots - +1 movement at the start of your turn

Class Skill(s):
Rage: Costs 1 Stamina. Perform an attack with a melee weapon. This attack gains +1 damage.
Brute: You gain +4 health. Whenever you stand up or are revived by another hero, you recover an additional 2 Health.

Heroic Feat: 
Use after rolling an X during an attack roll to recover all of your Stamina and to reroll any or all of the dice in your attack pool.
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Post by Mathfuric »

Yeah sorry Mr Overlord, we gave the boots to Reynhart.

Jain 'Treasure Hunter' Fairwood (Scout)
Ability: When you suffer any amount of 'heart' from an attack, you may choose to suffer some or all of that amount as 'sweat drop' instead. you can not suffer 'sweat drop' in excess of your stamina.

Might: 2 Speed: 5
Willpower: 2 Health: 8 (8)
Knowledge: 3 Stamina: 5 (5)
Awareness: 4 Defence: 1 Grey

Equipment:
Leather Whip (Melee, one-handed): Reach. Blue, yellow. Surge - Pierce 1. Surge - Move target 1 space.
The dead mans compass (Trinket): Exhaust this card during your turn. If you are within 3 spaces of a search token, immediately gain 1 movement point.

Search Cards:

Class Skill(s):
Delver: If you are not adjacent to any other hero, each of your attacks gain +1 'heart'. Each time you draw a Search card, instead draw 2 and choose 1 to keep. The place the other search card either on the top or bottom of the Search deck.
Gold Rush (1xp): Exhaust this card during your turn immediately after performing a search action to gain movement points equal to the number of search cards you have (facedown or faceup), up to a maximum of 5. While this card is exhausted, you may move through enemy figures. 

Heroic Feat: 
You may move double your speed and preform an attack action.

Fassbinder75
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: MBBL
Favourite Race: High Elf

Post by Fassbinder75 »

High Mage Quellen (Geomancer)
Ability: At the start of your turn, you may choose another hero within 3 spaces of you. If the chosen hero has at least 1 fatigue token on his Hero sheet, you recover 1. If he has fatigue tokens equal to his stamina, you recover 2.

Might: 1 Speed: 4
Willpower: 3 Health: 9 (10)
Knowledge: 5 Stamina: 4 (4)
Awareness: 2 Defence: 1 Grey

Equipment:
Stasis Rune (Ranged, two-handed): Blue, yellow. Surge(1) +1 damage.  Surge(2) Immobilize.

Class Skill(s):
Terracall -(1 Stamina) Exhaust this card to place a Summoned Stone in an empty space within 3 spaces of you.  While this card is exhausted, 1 of your Summoned Stones may perform an attack during its activation (using 1 of your equipped Magic weapons).

Quaking Word - (2 Stamina) Exhaust this card to perform an attack with a Magic weapon. This attack gains "Surge: Each Monster Figure within 2 spaces of a Summoned Stone tests Awareness. Each figure that fails is Stunned.

Heroic Feat: 
Use at the start of your turn to increase your Stamina by 4 for the remainder of the turn. At the end of your turn recover all of your fatigue.

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

Reynhart the Worthy

Starting Position G1

Action #1 - Move to H4 via H2,3,4 (4-2 MA then +1 for boots = 3 Movement)

Stamina move to J7 (3 Stamina)

Action #2 - Attack Witcher (J8) - Attack Witcher J8 (Blue, Red): 2#1d6 1 1

Result - MISSED! Rerolled using Heroic (Regain full stamina) - Attack Witcher J8 (Blue, Red): 2#1d6 1 3

Result - Missed again! Rerolled using Hero Ability (1 Stamina) - Attack Witcher J8 THIRD REROLL! (Blue, Red): 2#1d6 5 2
Attack - Blue (5), Red (2) - 3 Damage
Defence - Witcher Defence (Grey): 1d6 4
Defence - Grey (4) = 1 Defence
Result - 2 Damage!

[b]Name: Reynhart the Worthy (Warrior)[/b]
Ability: If you roll an X during an attack roll, you may suffer 1 Stamina to reroll 1 attack dice. Limit once per attack.

Might: 3 Speed: 4 (+1 per round)
Willpower: 4 Health: 16
Knowledge: 1 Stamina: 3 (4)
Awareness: 3 Defence: 1 Grey

Equipment:
Chipped Greataxe: Blue/Red attack dice. Surge +1 Damage (can be used twice per attack)
Elven Boots - +1 movement at the start of your turn

Class Skill(s):
Rage: Costs 1 Stamina. Perform an attack with a melee weapon. This attack gains +1 damage.
Brute: You gain +4 health. Whenever you stand up or are revived by another hero, you recover an additional 2 Health.

Heroic Feat: 
Use after rolling an X during an attack roll to recover all of your Stamina and to reroll any or all of the dice in your attack pool.
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

Alvric Albright (Alchemist)

Ability: Each hero within 3 spaces of you gains surge recover 1 health on all attack rolls

Might: 2 Speed: 4
Willpower: 3 Health: 12
Knowledge: 4 Stamina: 4 

Equipment : Smoking vials ranged green blue power die. surge  poison double surge +3 damage one hand

Class Skill(s):
Choose yourself or one adjacent hero give that hero an elixir token. Once per turn a hero may discard an elixir token to roll a red power die and gain health equivalent to the hearts rolled.

Concoction : perform an attack if you have at least 1 elixir token your attack gains a surge  pierce 1 and the ability surge = +1 damage
Heroic Feat: 
roll 2 red power dice all heroes within 3 spaces regain that amount of health in hearts 

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

start in g1

burn 3 stamina to move to e4

action reveal thief and wait for overlord

Alvric Albright (Alchemist)

Ability: Each hero within 3 spaces of you gains surge recover 1 health on all attack rolls

Might: 2 Speed: 4
Willpower: 3 Health: 12
Knowledge: 4 Stamina: 4 

Equipment : Smoking vials ranged green blue power die. surge  poison double surge +3 damage one hand

Class Skill(s):
Choose yourself or one adjacent hero give that hero an elixir token. Once per turn a hero may discard an elixir token to roll a red power die and gain health equivalent to the hearts rolled.

Concoction : perform an attack if you have at least 1 elixir token your attack gains a surge  pierce 1 and the ability surge = +1 damage
Heroic Feat: 
roll 2 red power dice all heroes within 3 spaces regain that amount of health in hearts

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

You find a MINION VOLUCRIX!

HE takes a Skirmish Action, attacking Avric:

Attack: Damage 2, Pierce 2, 1 Surge Wasted vs 3 Defence = 1 Damage.

He then retreats to A3.

Carry on folks :)
Nothing to see here!

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

uh ah mr overlord try again no retreat for u
skirmish says move then attack not attack then move

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

so use last stamina to brew myself an elixir

then attack reaver in d3
blue green and grey 6,4,4 http://orokos.com/roll/178978
2 dmg 2 surge vs 1 def use surges to add 3 dmg = 5 dmg vs 1 def = dead reaver

even if you did move :P

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Pause for now will sort this out at home time (ive got a card to use and want to double check volucrix thing)
Nothing to see here!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Guys, if you're going to change your start positions, try talking to each other huh? I want all four starting positions confirmed before you guys start moving in future, assuming you don't like where I've placed you.
OneEye wrote:Starting Position G1
redcard wrote:start in g1
Reynhard in G1 (he called dibs), Avric in F1, Jain in F0, Quellen in G0.
Nothing to see here!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

I play Uncontrolled Power on Avric, testing Willpower.

Test Willpower: MASSIVE FAIL!

I choose to spend one surge on Suffer 1 Fatigue (which translates into Damage because you got no stamina left).

I have to spend the other Surge on Poison. That means the attack does 1 Damage plus Poison. Volucrix is on 2 health and poisoned.
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

Virral wrote:Guys, if you're going to change your start positions, try talking to each other huh?
Dunno what more I could have done really. I followed the plan suggested and even put it in bold at the beginning of my turn...

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

it was me mate dun worry just didnt read and assimilate

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

so either way he is dead you just wanted to do 1 damage to me ?

and if thats the case ill skull my elixir to regain health

i cant get onto orkos so virral whenever roll a red dice

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

How is he dead? He has two health left which will drop to one on my turn. Sure he dies next turn, but in the meantime he gets one attack in unless someone else finishes him off first (and yes, it cost you a hit point).

You still want to drink that elixir?
Nothing to see here!

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

hell yeah i do
so he will be on 1 hp
after he activates
damn you and your surge cards grrrr

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Avric recovers 2 health

Next player can start now :)
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Post by Mathfuric »

I see some land-loving Sharks abo't.

Start in F0

Move: Swaggers over to E5

Use 2 stamina to move to C3

Exhaust Deadmans compass to B3

To be continued shortly.

Action: Activate Thief C4

Jain 'Treasure Hunter' Fairwood (Scout)
Ability: When you suffer any amount of 'heart' from an attack, you may choose to suffer some or all of that amount as 'sweat drop' instead. you can not suffer 'sweat drop' in excess of your stamina.

Might: 2 Speed: 5
Willpower: 2 Health: 8 (8)
Knowledge: 3 Stamina: 3 (5)
Awareness: 4 Defence: 1 Grey

Equipment:
Leather Whip (Melee, one-handed): Reach. Blue, yellow. Surge - Pierce 1. Surge - Move target 1 space.
The dead mans compass (Trinket): Exhaust this card during your turn. If you are within 3 spaces of a search token, immediately gain 1 movement point.

Search Cards:

Class Skill(s):
Delver: If you are not adjacent to any other hero, each of your attacks gain +1 'heart'. Each time you draw a Search card, instead draw 2 and choose 1 to keep. The place the other search card either on the top or bottom of the Search deck.
Gold Rush (1xp): Exhaust this card during your turn immediately after performing a search action to gain movement points equal to the number of search cards you have (facedown or faceup), up to a maximum of 5. While this card is exhausted, you may move through enemy figures. 

Heroic Feat: 
You may move double your speed and preform an attack action.