Werewolf, Mafia, Great Minds etc...
Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ACTBBL
Favourite Race: Necromantic

What's Yours is Mine (D2E Rumour 1)

Post by Virral »

After hearing about Jorem Tolk's abduction from the Brickwater Inn, you've made great haste to Vigil Mine, where he's suspected to have been taken. As you crest the final ridge leading up to the mine, you can see wide footprints heading down the path tooward the miner's cottage. You can only imagine how big of a creature it takes to leave prints like that...

As you sprint up the winding path, you come across a miner hiding in the brush. "Shhh! They've taken over the mine! Mason and Granny already died trying to take it back, so don't even think about it. Our only hope is to wait here until Jorem's done giving them what they want..."

You tell the miner exactly how you feel about "waiting here" and hurry to Jorem's rescue.

"Fine!" he hisses, "But you can't say I didn't warn ye! Don't bother with the door! It won't open with that burly lout sitting against it!"

Monsters: Ettins, Hybrid Sentinels, 1 Open Group (Shadow Dragons)

Special Rules:
Du'Lak - The Master Ettin is Du'Lak, who gains 2 additional health for each piece of Ore he is carrying (see Picking Up Ore).
The Key - One of the search tokens in the top right quadrant of the map is The Key (see "The Locked Door")
Jorem Tolk -

Jorem Tolk is a figure that may be targeted and affected by attacks. If Jorem suffers any amount of damage, ignore the damage and place a fatigue token on him. He may never have more than one fatigue token on him at a time.

While Jorem has a fatigue token on him, he is under the Overlord's control, and may be activated as if he were his own monster group.

While Jorem does not have a fatigue token, he may be activated by the heroes after the last hero has taken their turn. If Jorem gains or loses a token during his activation, his activation ends immediately (for example if I were to play some damaging card on him while you moved him).

Regardless of who controls him, Jorem may only be activated a maximum of twice per round (once by the Heroes and once by the Overlord).

When activated, Jorem can perform up to 2 of the following actions: A single move action, a single Mining action, or a single attack. He cannot repeat any action (so no double move, double attack etc).

To perform a Mining action, the overlord must discard a fatigue token from Jorem to choose one Vein (the objective markers) and flip that token face up. A blue objective token is an Empty Vein and is discarded, and a red objective token is Ore, and is left on the map. For our purposes, I will roll a 1dX where the X = number of remaining tokens in play, starting with 4 Red and 4 Blue and adjusting as appropriate.

Jorem Tolk has the following stats: Speed 5, Defence Black, Attack Red/Blue (Melee)

Influencing Jorem Tolk - While Jorem has a fatigue token on him, a hero within 3 spaces of Jorem may perform a special action to test Willpower. If he passes, he may discard a fatigue token from Jorem.

Picking Up Ore - When Du'Lak is in or adjacent to a space with an Ore, he may perform a special action to pick it up. I he does, he immediately gains 2 health. Once he has all four pieces of Ore, he may exit the map via the Exit.

Blocking The Door - While an Ettin figure occupies a space adjacent to an unlocked door, that door is BLOCKED and may not be opened normally. A figure adjacent to a blocked door may perform a special action to bash the door down testing Might. If he passes, place 1 fatigue token near the door. It takes 4 fatigue tokens to bash the door down completely, at which point it is permanently removed from the map. The door keeps it's current fatigue if opened by other means (like if the Ettin opens it to smash your teeth in).

The Locked Door - The Red door is a "Hidden Entrance". Monster figures may move through the Hidden Entrance as if there weren't a door there, but cannot draw line of sight through the locked door. However, Heroes treat the Hiddent Entrance as a lcoked door for all purposes. Once a Hero finds the key, all heroes may treat the Hidden Entrance as a normal door.

Reinforcements - At the beginning of my turn, I may place one of my Shadow Dragons or Hybrid Sentinal on the Exit.

Victory -

Heroes must defeat Du'Lak to win. If you win, you receive the Aurium Mail relic and unlock the "At the Forge" advanced quest.

Overlord must get Du'Lak off the map with 4 ore. If I win, I receive the "Valyndra's Gift" relic and unlock the "Armed to the Teeth" Advanced quest.

Nothing to see here!

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Re: What's Yours is Mine (D2E Rumour 1)

Post by Virral »

Just a heads up that spaces G2 thru L2 and N3/O4 are water spaces, in case it's not obvious from the map.
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

Post by OneEye »

Brew Elixir (1 stamina) and keep

Action #1 - Move to M4 (4 movement)

Action #2 - Shoot Sentinel Q2 USING CONCOCTION - Shoot Sentinel with concoction (Blue, Yellow): 2#1d6 6 5
Attack - Blue (6), Yellow (5) - Range - 6+2=8 (hits) = 3 +2 (2 surges, normal and concoction) = 5 damage!
Defence - Sentinel Defence (Black): 1d6 1
Defence - Black (1) = 0 Defence!
Result - 5 Damage and DEAD!

Code: Select all

Avric Albright (Healer/Apothecary)
Ability: Each hero within 3 spaces of you (including yourself) gains "surge: Recover 1HP" on all attacks

Attributes: Characteristics:
Might: 2 Speed: 4
Willpower: 4 Health: 12 (12)
Knowledge: 3 Stamina: 0 (4)
Awareness: 2 Defence: 1 Grey
Elixir: 1

Current XP: 1

Equipment:
Bow of Bones (125gp) (Bow, Ranged, Two-handed): Blue, Yellow. If you have not moved this turn, add 1 Green power die to your attack pool.  Surge = +2 range, +1 damage. 2 surge = +3 damage.

Class Skill(s):
Brew Elixir: (Cost: 1 stamina) Exhaust this card during your turn. Choose yourself or an adjacent hero to gain 1 Elixir token. Once during his turn, a hero may discard 1 Elixir token to roll 1 red power die and recover HP equal to the 'Hearts' rolled.
Concoction (1xp): (Action/Cost: 1 stamina) Perform an attack. If you have at least 1 Elixir token, add 1 surge to the results. This attack gains: Pierce 1 / surge = +1 damage.

Heroic Feat:
Roll 2 red power dice. Each hero within 3 spaces of you (including yourself) may recover HP equal to the 'Hearts' rolled.
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Im trying to work out how you ended up with +2 range and +2 damage. What did you spend surges on exactly?
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

Concoction (1xp): (Action/Cost: 1 stamina) Perform an attack. If you have at least 1 Elixir token, add 1 surge to the results. This attack gains: Pierce 1 / surge = +1 damage.

So I scored a surge with the dice so +1 damage and +2 range from that and I used concoction so I got pierce (didn't use as not needed) and +1 damage.

The wording for concoction makes it sound like I get a free surge which turns into +1 damage
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

So its worked from...

1st Surge - Bone of Woe - Surge = +2 range, +1 damage
2nd Surge - Concoction- Perform an attack. If you have at least 1 Elixir token (I DID), add 1 surge to the results. This attack gains: Pierce 1 / surge = +1 damage.

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

The wording on the card is confusing. I see 3 possible ways to read it...

(1) You get 1 pierce and a surge (free to use as +1 damage as per the card or for other applications)
(2) You get 1 pierce and a surge which must be +1 as per the card
(3) You get 1 pierce and +1 damage and a surge... (this seems too much from a 1XP card so very sure that's wrong)

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

It's number 1. You just didn't explain the spent surges, and I had forgotten the surge = +1 damage from the card so couldn't make sense of it. Just remember to explAin when spending surges, that's all.

Also, you didn't need the range and could have gotten +3 damage by spending both surges on the bows other ability :P
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

I didn't want to make you all defensive by smashing you too early...

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

Virral wrote:It's number 1. You just didn't explain the spent surges,
And I used the only two surge abilities I could have (apart from the +3) so... ya know

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

Reynhart the Worthy

Action #1 - Move to O4 (4 movement plus boot move)

Stamina move to P4

Action #2 - Attack Sentinel Q5 - Attack Sentinel (Blue, Red): 2#1d6 1 6
Spend 1 stamina to reroll BLUE - Blue reroll: 1d6 1
Result - MISS!

Code: Select all

Name: Reynhart the Worthy (Warrior)
Ability: If you roll an X during an attack roll, you may suffer 1 Stamina to reroll 1 attack dice. Limit once per attack.

Attributes: Characteristics:
Might: 3 Speed: 4 (+1 per round)
Willpower: 4 Health: 16 (16)
Knowledge: 1 Stamina: 0 (4)
Awareness: 3 Defence: 1 Grey

CURRENT XP - 1

Equipment:
Chipped Greataxe: Blue/Red attack dice. Surge +1 Damage (can be used twice per attack)
Elven Boots - +1 movement at the start of your turn

Class Skill(s):
Rage: Costs 1 Stamina. Perform an attack with a melee weapon. This attack gains +1 damage.
Brute: You gain +4 health. Whenever you stand up or are revived by another hero, you recover an additional 2 Health.

Heroic Feat: 
Use after rolling an X during an attack roll to recover all of your Stamina and to reroll any or all of the dice in your attack pool.

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Didnt you fail that travel event that cost 2 stamina? If so you could not have made it to that space, given the two water spaces youd need to travel through.
Nothing to see here!

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

Bah you and your rules!
Ok so use all stamina to end in O3 then I'll rest instead of attack

Fassbinder75
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: MBBL
Favourite Race: High Elf

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Quellen

Action #1
Move to K4

Action #2
Use Terracall (1 Stamina), placing stone at H3

Stone Action
Stone moves to F3

Finish the turn with 1 fatigue token placed.
Last edited by Fassbinder75 on Wed May 07, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Immobilise or other conditions only work if you do at least 1 damage.
Nothing to see here!

Fassbinder75
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: MBBL
Favourite Race: High Elf

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Virral wrote:Immobilise or other conditions only work if you do at least 1 damage.
Is there a rule anywhere that works in my favour?

Looking at the dice I roll, against a Black D mob I'll be lucky to do 1-2 damage per attack. If I can't spend surges on status effects without doing damage I might as well mail it in.

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Fassbinder75 wrote:
Virral wrote:Immobilise or other conditions only work if you do at least 1 damage.
Is there a rule anywhere that works in my favour?

Looking at the dice I roll, against a Black D mob I'll be lucky to do 1-2 damage per attack. If I can't spend surges on status effects without doing damage I might as well mail it in.
On the flipside, if you'd rolled dice like Alrics you'd have gotten him down to one health. You just rolled poor attack dice vs a strong defence die. It's a reality of dice-based games, sometimes you just roll shit.
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Post by Mathfuric »

Sometimes? Fass is very consistent at shit lol

Virral
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by Virral »

Shhh trying not to dishearten The Cursed One ;D
Nothing to see here!

Mathfuric
Werewolf
Werewolf
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Post by Mathfuric »

Time to search for treasure.

Move: swagger to N3 burning 1 stamina.

Action: Rest

Will use 3 stamina to absorb damage, unless About to die.