Discussion about the AUSCON event and their BloodBowl tournament
D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SLOBB + SWL

Auscon Musings for 2012

Post by D_Arquebus »

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.p ... try1873148

Here is some information on Auscon 2012. Sangraal, Thomsy and I went last year and it was pretty good. Big convention and Mango ran the BB to allow people to go and see the seminars etc. No word of BB yet but thought I'd post for those tat may be interested.

Cheers
For those of you unaware, Allan has left AUSCON and is headed off to Melbourne for new opportunities!

It's sad to see Allan leave AUSCON, and I could';t have gotten AUSCON this far without him and I will be forever grateful to him, however, we've got a few new team members on board who are buzzing with ideas! But on behalf of all of us at AUSCON, I wish him all the best in his and Nic's new ventures!

So, what does this mean? Well AUSCON is a go for 2012. It will be on from May 5th thru to May 7th (May Day Holiday in QLD)

This year's Title is "AUSCON 2012, it's not the end of the World!"

The Wizards of Oz will be back, along with speed painting and displays. We'll have demo games, retailers, a special guest and a heap more things.

We're looking at moving location as the RNA is set to demolish the Commerce building sometime in the not too distant future...so I guess we need feedback on a few things.

Firstly, many of you drove to the RNA for AUSCON in May, if we were to move to a Southside Brisbane location (20-25 minutes from the city), would this is any way dampen the enthusiasm. (free parking btw!) The potential venue is airconditioned, has a lot more room and we can offer cheaper food!
We would also be looking at the option of putting on a shuttle bus running from Brisbane to our venue 4 times a day.

Secondly, would you like to see the usual games formats? Tournaments, etc? or would you like a campaign style of gaming (your games go towards overall team scores etc)

Thirdly 2 or three days?

And finally (for now), do you want seminars? We've looked at the feedback from AUSCON 2011, and would only run 4-5 topics, perhaps twice over the weekend.

So, lets get the ball rolling!

Also, should you want to run something at AUSCON, perhaps be involved and get one of our snazzy new shirts, or just have some great ideas...then email me at mark@auscongames.com.au or post here!

Cheers,
Mark

btw feel free to join the facebook page for other announcements and some future giveaways of miniatures and terrain!
NAF Regional Tourney Organiser (Oz/ NZ)

13th Worldwide to 24 Teams :)

Results by Team: Play the 24+2 :)
Sport: Necro, Ogre
Painted: 24hr Painting Challenge
Wins: 15/26 Teams (enjoyin the 26)
Podiums: 25/26

www.ausbowl.com or Ausbowl (FB) - Oz BB
NZ Blood Bowl Community (FB) - NZ BB

Devilsreject
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: BABBL
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Re: Auscon Musings for 2012

Post by Devilsreject »

thanks for that hutchie, i was actually waiting for some news on the event so i could plan a couple of things.

ill be attending but i am unsure whether it will be warmachine or bloodbowl (if they run bbowl that is)

im actually really looking forward to see if they are doing some painting tutorials again, the one i went to was excellent and i had good fun learning a few new tricks from seb archer. i would try and go to more of them if it happens again

http://www.plork.org/canetoadcup - Keep up to date on all things Cane Toad!

Woolfe
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: BABBL
Favourite Race: Human

Post by Woolfe »

Anyone know the actual location? 20 -25 minutes from the city could be freakin anywhere...

Ipswich is only 25 minutes.... well if you do a little bit of low flying along the way ;)
Woolfe

Kojihama
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: HOBBL BABBL
Favourite Race: Chaos Pact

Post by Kojihama »

At Waterford College or something like that.

sumbloke
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by sumbloke »

-----
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln