Moderator: D_Arquebus

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Skaven

NAF membership at Tournaments

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

With lots of new tournaments happening and lots of new players many of whom arent aware of the NAF. New players without much in the way of Blood Bowl stuff because of the up until recently poor stocking of the game in Australia. I say to you....

Join the NAF at Australian Tournaments. There is generally a NAF rep at all tournaments. The NAF stands for Nuffle Amorical Football or something like that anyway and is a global Blood Bowl entity that provides forums, some team creation and league benefits, and tournament support. They also provide a tournament rankings formula and ladder. You will find at tournaments many people who have joined the NAF and would like their game against you to count towards their rankings. It may be something that may even interest you, to be able to compare your ability with a certain race against coaches all over the world.

If nothing else though is the DICE. The NAF provides a set of 3 dice for new and renewing members that are official GW Block dice but in nice fancy colours. This year the colour is White on Red. Membership is only $15 and for that you get the three dice and the ability to access the NAF site and provide rankings points to your fellow coaches and receive them yourself. If the rankings interest you, understand it is a one off payment if you arent interested in the dice each year. Just joining once puts you in the system forever.

The Dice are quite valuable however. Some of the first sets of NAF dice from around 6 odd years ago sell for over $100 US dollars on ebay. Even last years are selling for close to $50 already. So for $15 I personally consider them a great investment each year.

Which brings me to this point. The NAF is currently undergoing new elections and are improving their operations. I.e. fixing up what a was broken online sign up system. Where dice and information is mailed out to new coaches. It is my understanding this has been fixed. However please do not join via the website.

JOIN THE NAF at AUSTRALIAN TOURNAMENTS.

Part of the reason for this is, the NAF provides funding support to tournaments based on the number of people that have historically joined or renewed with the NAF at those tournaments. So by joining at our tournaments you provide the organisers with better funding which helps free up funds to create better tournaments. You also have the added benefit of getting your dice on the spot and in some cases have a choice of a few different colours as the NAF reps in Australia tend to hang onto some of the older stock.

There have been posts concerning this, but rather than bump them. I thought I would post this new one as we are getting lots of new players, that may not take the time to do the searches to reveal this information. A new league mate prompted me to advise you new people of this organisation and what they offer.

This is the NAF Site

May your TDs be many and your field be awash with Blood
Commish of SLOBB
ATC Champions 2012, 2016, 2018
NSW State Rep 2011, 2013, 2015 (Champs), 2017 (Champs)

Champion: Leviathan '08, Eucalyptus Bowl 4, Sandgroper V, Southern Shrike Bowl 4, Dragon Bowl, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, Eucalyptus Bowl 14

smeborg
Veteran Beastman
Veteran Beastman

Post by smeborg »

Well said, Rabid.

The last NZ tournament (Greenstone Cup) saw an 85% - 90% NAF membership rate. That's a good sign.

Babs
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ccbbl
Favourite Race: Dark Elf

Post by Babs »

The website is now www.thenaf.net

And I heartily agree with Rabid - not only do you benefit from being a member - but your opponents at tournaments do too!
=-) Babs.
Rusty Old Timer, recently returned.
Ex BBRC Member and Ex NAF guy for Oz/Nz.

DarkHorse
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: CCKUP
Favourite Race: Chaos Dwarf

Re: NAF membership at Tournaments

Post by DarkHorse »

Rabid_Bogscum wrote:If the rankings interest you, understand it is a one off payment if you arent interested in the dice each year. Just joining once puts you in the system forever.
My apologies for the necro post.

I tried to log on to thenaf a couple days ago (following up on Doubleskulls post about checking email addresses on NAF) but my login was rejected with the message:
Your membership has expired.

To continue using the NAF site, you must renew your membership. The button below will take you to PayPal and allow you to pay the membership fee for another year.
I was under the impression it was a lifetime membership and that one really only needed to pay in subsequent years to get the new dice.

Has there been a change of policy? Was I sold a bum steer? Something else?

Cheers

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Skaven

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

Ian or babs ?

doubleskulls
Star Player
Star Player
Favourite Race: Orc

Post by doubleskulls »

I always thought it was a loophole, looks like they've fixed it.

Your ranking and profile are still there though.

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: Adeleague
Favourite Race: Norse

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

Ok, lets say that I sign up to the NAF for 1 year. 2 years later I play in a tournament. Do those games affect my (and my opponent's) NAF rating or not?

Olaf the Stout

tribalsinner
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SWL
Favourite Race: Human

Post by tribalsinner »

Once you pay for one year your naf ranking will be tracked for ever. What they seem to have finally cleaned up is your access to the NAF website when your subscription is up.

osoi
Rookie
Rookie
BB League: BRAWL
Favourite Race: Orc

Post by osoi »

Only problem is that I'm up to date with all my dice etc and have exactly the same message

tribalsinner
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SWL
Favourite Race: Human

Post by tribalsinner »

Then check with Babs that he has entered your extra years correctly, currently im about 4 years ahead.

Babs
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: ccbbl
Favourite Race: Dark Elf

Post by Babs »

Yep - if you have issues PM me on here or contact me some other way.

Happy to help.

Others are correct in that only current NAF members are able to log into the NAF site, but rankings and other things are kept.

Slothman
Veteran Beastman
Veteran Beastman
BB League: Albany Blood Bowl League
Favourite Race: Pro Elf

Post by Slothman »

Hey Babs.

We got 11 signups at the Redneck Rumble. I believe Drew should contact you about that.

So nearly ALL participants had NAF memberships. One young guys didnt and one of the "ringer team" guys didnt...so not bad really :)