Calling all Kiwis and Aussies for Team Anzac!

Discussion regarding the World Cup event
smeborg
Veteran Beastman
Veteran Beastman

Calling all Kiwis and Aussies for Team Anzac!

Post by smeborg »

Dear All -

The Blood Bowl World Cup is being held from 6th-8th November this year in Italy (Lucca, Tuscany). Lucca is a charming medieval walled town, and the Cup looks well organised, with the potential for up to 1,200 coaches.

It is a team event (6 coaches per team), with 9 games over 3 days. Things are rather civilised, with games starting at 10:00 a.m., so you are allowed to enjoy your post-match R&R properly.

With a weak Euro, and with the fall in the oil price (hence airfares), the cost of the tournament may be quite a bit cheaper than you think. I went to the last World Cup in Amsterdam (the best tournament I have ever attended). It cost me only double what it costs me to go to CanCon (Canberra) from Christchurch (NZ).

I am seeking to put together a Team ANZAC. Teams must be registered by 8th March. So I need coaches to commit now.

Please don't delay - let me know right away if you can commit to this wonderful event.

All the best

Paul

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Skaven

Re: Calling all Kiwis and Aussies for Team Anzac!

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

Mate can you give me an idea of flights and accommodation costs if I basically just went over for this?
NAF VP
ATC Champions '12, '16, '18
NSW State Rep '11, '13, '15 (Champs), '17 (Champs)

Champion: Leviathan '08, Euc Bowl '08 & '18, Sandgroper V, SSB '11, Dragon Bowl '12, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, NSW Open '19, Nuffles Bash at the Beach '20

Charger
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: MBBL
Favourite Race: Dark Elf

Post by Charger »

What is he, your PA?

Use Expedia and Skyscanner like a grown-up Boggy. Or are you too busy playing Candy Crush?

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein
BB League: SLOBB

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

thanks bud. Honestly the accommodation seems to be linked through the organisers.. I asked because I assumed Paul was across that info already
NAF VP
ATC Champions '12, '16, '18
NSW State Rep '11, '13, '15 (Champs), '17 (Champs)

Champion: Leviathan '08, Euc Bowl '08 & '18, Sandgroper V, SSB '11, Dragon Bowl '12, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, NSW Open '19, Nuffles Bash at the Beach '20

Grumpsh
Star Player
Star Player
Favourite Race: Chaos Dwarf

Post by Grumpsh »

how many peeps do u have smeborg. I dont know how many we have in team colonel bogie but i know its not full.

fnord23
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: FOTM
Favourite Race: Vampire

Post by fnord23 »

When we had 2 triples it was 1300 euro for 5 nights(extra night before the tourney) for a 3 star hotel (La Luna) and including the tourney fee, the 12 model team & the medallion. So 217€ each. Airfares you are looking anywhere from 1700-2200$ off the top of my head, depending on when you book.
NAF RTC for Penriff

yeah lots of 2nds & lots of draws

Easykicker
Rookie
Rookie
Favourite Race: Undead

Post by Easykicker »

I booked my own double room at Eurostars Toscana for 6 nights for $474.60 euro.

Flights are $1600 to $2200 depending on who you fly with. British Airways goes into Pisa and is about $1651 and Qantas to Pisa is $2197.

I am in contact with Smeborg with regard to merging teams if need be.

Just need those interested to make the decision to go or not. Accom. will be filling up fast!! because it is being linked with the rego.

Easy

gumbi
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior
Favourite Race: Underworld

Post by gumbi »

I am really in 2 minds about the WC - living in London it is very easy (and cheap) to get there... but it is the time of year when work usually springs for a free flight home for a conference :(

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SLOBB + SWL

Post by D_Arquebus »

gumbi wrote:I am really in 2 minds about the WC - living in London it is very easy (and cheap) to get there... but it is the time of year when work usually springs for a free flight home for a conference :(
World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup! World Cup!

;D
NAF Regional Tourney Organiser (Oz/ NZ)

13th Worldwide to 24 Teams :)

Results by Team: Play the 24+2 :)
Sport: Necro, Ogre
Painted: 24hr Painting Challenge
Wins: 15/26 Teams (enjoyin the 26)
Podiums: 25/26

www.ausbowl.com or Ausbowl (FB) - Oz BB
NZ Blood Bowl Community (FB) - NZ BB

Gunnar
Rookie
Rookie
BB League: Rock n Rumble

Post by Gunnar »

I'll confirm my attendance. PM sent to team captain to advise

smeborg
Veteran Beastman
Veteran Beastman

Post by smeborg »

Rabid_Bogscum wrote:Mate can you give me an idea of flights and accommodation costs if I basically just went over for this?
Sorry, Rabid, I missed your post, hence my very late reply.

I went to the last World Cup in Amsterdam, and the cost at the time was exactly double the cost (for me) of going to CanCon (from Christchurch, NZ). There were only 2 major costs, essentially, the airfare and accommodation. The airfare is the bulk of the cost. The good news is that airfares are relatively low at the moment (thanks to the fall in the oil price), and the Euro is also rather weak (the AUD has also fallen, NZD1 is worth AUD0.96 of as today!). I suspect you will find accommodation in Europe is cheaper than in Oz (I have not investigateed this yet). November is traditionally the lowest season for tourism in Europe.

If you take the cost of a return airfare from Oz to Milan or Rome, and add 50% for accommodation and other costs, I think that would be in the ballpark. This assumes you would be going only for the tourney, of course.

Progress with "Team ANZAC" has been largely covered on another thread. I have potentially 6 players, but this assumes everyone says yes, including Andrew Vulling and Jim McMahon, who have not made any contact yet. So 6 players is far from certain at this point. Of those who have confirmed, we have some "good BB tourists", we have some confidence of winning the third halves.

Hope that helps.

Paul