The 2011 AusBowl State of Origin event hosted by NSW
Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Skaven

AusBowl

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

Just to fill everyone in. The exact details and planning are still being worked out, but some of the prominant Blood Bowlers in Australia have decided to put together a State of Origin Tournament to be known as "The AusBowl", which will decide once and for all who is the greatest Blood Bowl playing State. For this inuaguaral tournament which is tentatively slated for Nov 2010, there will be 6 state teams.
They will likely be:
NSW
QLD
SA
WA
ACT
VIC/TAS

Down the line we hope this tournament may expand into seperate Vic and Tas entries as well as New Zealand. The first tournament will be hosted by NSW. The idea is that through the hard work of fundraising, each state team will essentially be able to cut costs enough that they can choose their finest available team to attend the tournament, rather than who is prepared to foot the cost. It is planned as a tournament that will run every 2 years with different States hosting. Most of you have been aware of it, but with alot of new players I just wanted to spell things out a bit better. More information will be announced when it comes to hand. However fear not, should you fail to make your state team there will be a concurrant tournament on at the same venue, so you can still attend and enjoy this Blood Bowl extravaganza. If you have any questions dont hesistate to ask. Or if you have state team questions, there is atleast one representative on the organising committe who can help:

NSW: Rabid, Doubleskulls, Virral
QLD: Greedysmurf
WA: Reaper, AdvanceOp
SA: Spieroz, Dark Horse, Olaf
ACT: Carbrawn, Lelruthus, MikeW
VIC: Joekano, Frogbear
TAS: Bevan
NZ: Smeborg
Last edited by Rabid_Bogscum on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commish of SLOBB
ATC Champions 2012, 2016, 2018
NSW State Rep 2011, 2013, 2015 (Champs), 2017 (Champs)

Champion: Leviathan '08, Eucalyptus Bowl 4, Sandgroper V, Southern Shrike Bowl 4, Dragon Bowl, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, Eucalyptus Bowl 14

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Orc

AusBowl

Post by OneEye »

Schweet can't wait!

Has there been a decision about the format yet?
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

smeborg
Veteran Beastman
Veteran Beastman

AusBowl

Post by smeborg »

Well done Rabid, I have no problem with any of that.

From my NZ organiser's point of view, it is very difficult to drum up support unless we have a fixed date for the tourney - people have to take leave (probably the Friday and the Monday at least) in order to travel to a tourney in Oz.

And for my personal part, I am a student, I may have exams in early November, I need to know if I would have a conflict of dates.

All the best.

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SLOBB

AusBowl

Post by redcard »

you can always call upon all the kiwis here mate :)
1st Moab 2014 (back to back)
1st Moab 2013 (most cas and most td )
2nd Moab 2012
2nd cott 2012
2nd cancon 2012
2nd the ausbowl 2011
2nd cott 09
2nd leviathan 09

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

AusBowl

Post by OneEye »

Any updates?
Ironman 24 Hour Challenge Tournament Organiser - https://www.facebook.com/pages/24-Hour- ... 7949351296

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SLOBB + SWL

Re: AusBowl

Post by D_Arquebus »

In the interests of allowing our Inter-State guests to be able to book travel and cheaper flights. Can we please have information about dates/ venue/ format which can be disseminated?

Don't want anyone to miss out on their chance to come Second to NSW :twisted: :-P

Cheers :!:
NAF Regional Tourney Organiser (Oz/ NZ)

13th Worldwide to 24 Teams :)

Results by Team: Play the 24+2 :)
Sport: Necro, Ogre
Painted: 24hr Painting Challenge
Wins: 15/26 Teams (enjoyin the 26)
Podiums: 25/26

www.ausbowl.com or Ausbowl (FB) - Oz BB
NZ Blood Bowl Community (FB) - NZ BB

OneEye
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by OneEye »

[quote=""D_Arquebus""]In the interests of allowing our Inter-State guests to be able to book travel and cheaper flights. Can we please have information about dates/ venue/ format which can be disseminated?

Don't want anyone to miss out on their chance to come Second to NSW :twisted: :-P

Cheers :!:[/quote]

How do you come second to last place?? :twisted:

Seriously though it would be extremely helpful for the South Australian team to know this asap considering we cannot finalise our team until we know the dates, etc.

Olaf_the_Stout
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: Adeleague
Favourite Race: Norse

Post by Olaf_the_Stout »

As far as I know, Rabid was looking at a venue this weekend so a date shouldn't be far away.

Olaf the Stout
Southern Shrike Bowl 2018 - 20/21 October

Real Blood Bowlers take the Skull!