The 2011 AusBowl State of Origin event hosted by NSW
Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein
BB League: SLOBB
Favourite Race: Skaven

Parking

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

Ok guys. This doesnt apply to most but will apply to some.

The parking cops in Burwood are arseholes.

We have nothing to worry about on Sunday. You can park anywhere.

The Saturday however is metered between 8am and 1pm. Most of the nearby parking spots are 1 or 2 hr parking. Westfields nearby has 2 hrs free parking only. There is also a big parking garage right near the venue, just turn down the side of Club Burwood and its on the right. Its $2 an hour up to a max of $12 for all day parking. There is an early bird rate of $2.20 for the whole day, but it is like 20 spots and on a first come first served basis rather than anything actually time related.

Obviously Public transport is your friend. Both in ease of getting to the venue (via Burwood train station), and in having fun and enjoying a few drinks while you play.

For me on the Saturday I will probably drop my stuff off, then drive up to Burwood RSL and park there, and enjoy my 5 minute walk to the venue.
Commish of SLOBB
ATC Champions 2012, 2016, 2018
NSW State Rep 2011, 2013, 2015 (Champs), 2017 (Champs)

Champion: Leviathan '08, Eucalyptus Bowl 4, Sandgroper V, Southern Shrike Bowl 4, Dragon Bowl, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, Eucalyptus Bowl 14

Borzag
Star Player
Star Player
Favourite Race: Goblin

Parking

Post by Borzag »

If the option to park at the RSL is there then I'd like to take that one (if it's available to non-RSL employees). I'd have preferred to take public transport, but will be coming in from the airport after picking up Suffer so that's not an option for me.

Thanks for the info :)