AusBowl Team Championship - 2014 - VIC

Moderator: AusBowl Team Championship Admin

Grumpsh
Star Player
Star Player
Favourite Race: Chaos Dwarf

Re: AusBowl Team Championship - 2014 - VIC

Post by Grumpsh »

Ok so just so everyone knows the signup thread "ATC official signup thread". If i havent got your name/team in the first post in that then i havent got you on my books, chuck a thread in there or send me a pm once you get a team or even a mate. I'll be playing matchmaker right up until the day.

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SLOBB + SWL

Post by D_Arquebus »

Come on SA, where all you boys at??? :)
NAF Regional Tourney Organiser (Oz/ NZ)

13th Worldwide to 24 Teams :)

Results by Team: Play the 24+2 :)
Sport: Necro, Ogre
Painted: 24hr Painting Challenge
Wins: 15/26 Teams (enjoyin the 26)
Podiums: 25/26

www.ausbowl.com or Ausbowl (FB) - Oz BB
NZ Blood Bowl Community (FB) - NZ BB

MMM
Rookie
Rookie
BB League: ACTBBL
Favourite Race: Skaven

Post by MMM »

Hello, not sure it is the right place but I need some informations about accomodation. It looks like the Bell's hotel is not a hotel :roll: Well, I couldn't find any room to book at this venue.
Do you guys know where I can book a room for one night, near the venue ?
Do you know if there are direct public transport from the airport ?
Thank you :)

Elan
Rookie
Rookie
BB League: MBBL

Post by Elan »

Ooops, didnt see this one. Bells (and other pubs in that area) do not offer accomodation. Public transport to the airport would be either a taxi ($50-60) or a tram into Southern Cross station and then the Skybus (about half taxi price). Suggest incoming is done the same way (return ticket on Skybus is even cheaper) and look for accomodation in the city. PM for more details ....
"Pass me another elf Sergeant, this one's split!" - Grunts - a work of genius!

MMM
Rookie
Rookie
BB League: ACTBBL

Post by MMM »

All already fixed, booked, ready for kick-off ! ;D Thank you anyway ;)

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
BB League: SLOBB

Post by redcard »

anyone else arriving about 6 45 on fri night or heading back sunday night may be easy to combine transport?

NFA
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Necromantic

Post by NFA »

I am on a 7:30pm flight back on Sunday night. Work will be paying for a taxi to the airport so if anyone is going about that time just let me know.
Eucbowl 2012: 49th and proud

redcard
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by redcard »

mate im on 735 flight lock me in

NFA
2011 Legend
2011 Legend
Favourite Race: Necromantic

Post by NFA »

No drama. Still space for a couple more if anyone is interested.
Eucbowl 2012: 49th and proud

Grumpsh
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grumpsh »

OK IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.

Because i'm looking like playing ATC 2 at this stage its important that you know everything that i know coming into the tournament. So as well as the BASICS of the rules which are on the first page. Here are some specifics which you need to know.

ATC 2- POST MATCH REFERENCE CARD
These are specific restrictions to the team advances after each round.

Round 1:
-All Skills will be Normal (non double roll). A player with a skill may not be awarded a second skill.

Round 2:
-The First Skill can be a Double. All others will be normal. A player with a skill may not be awarded a second skill.

Round 3:
-All Skills will be Normal. A single player may receive a second skill but it may not be a player with a double.
-At the end of round 3 each team may purchase an Apothecary, a Team Reroll or a 0-16 player.

Round 4:
-The First Skill can be a Double. A single player may receive a second Normal skill but it may not be a player with a double.

Round 5:
-The First Skill can be a Double. A single player may receive a second skill including one double OR a single player may receive a third skill if they are all normal.
-At the end of round 5 each team may spend 70k gold in any way they would like. Players, Assistant Coaches or cheerleaders must be purchased at the end of Game 5. If the money isnt spent it can be transferred into treasury at the beginning of the last match but may only be spent on inducements. Star Players and other inducements are available but Special Play cards are not.

In addition for the weekend we're using a new special inducement

BUSLOAD OF FANS 0-2 20,000g +1 Fan Factor For this game only

We're doing this because many of the TV differences at first will be 20 or 40k and i dont want people to feel like theyre just getting nothing. I've kept it at 0-2 because frankly if you can afford 3 then you can afford a bloodweiser babe.
Last edited by Grumpsh on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

why not just make round 6 everyone gets a wizard round.... Mate The wizard is there to buff a weaker team and is more powerful against different play styles... Im not sure its fair to grant everyone a wizard for a round... especially the last one
Commish of SLOBB
ATC Champions 2012, 2016, 2018
NSW State Rep 2011, 2013, 2015 (Champs), 2017 (Champs)

Champion: Leviathan '08, Eucalyptus Bowl 4, Sandgroper V, Southern Shrike Bowl 4, Dragon Bowl, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, Eucalyptus Bowl 14

Vortigern
Rookie
Rookie
BB League: ChriBBL

Post by Vortigern »

Quick question (apologies if I've missed something).

ATC2 doesn't seem to be listed on the NAF website? It is NAF ranked and registered, right?

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by D_Arquebus »

It is. I've raised the rest to upload with the Powers that be.

Grumpsh and I have both sent it through.

Grumpsh
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grumpsh »

Well everyone doesn't necessarily get a wizard. I think its the eternal dilemma between a wizard and a chainsaw.

The idea here is that its the last game so your spending everything.

Having said that I would be open to dropping the amount remembering that of you are a low tv and don't spend the money in post game you will effectively gain that amount in inducements for the last game. This would mean that underdogs may be getting a wizard but the top teams wouldn't. Thoughts?

Rabid_Bogscum
Frank N Stein
Frank N Stein

Post by Rabid_Bogscum »

Thats what I personally would prefer... as much as a 150 underdog gets 300 to spend, I think the potential to effectively counter a wizard with your own is a bit crud.
Commish of SLOBB
ATC Champions 2012, 2016, 2018
NSW State Rep 2011, 2013, 2015 (Champs), 2017 (Champs)

Champion: Leviathan '08, Eucalyptus Bowl 4, Sandgroper V, Southern Shrike Bowl 4, Dragon Bowl, TSP '13, GOM '13, Gosford Gauntlet '14, Jokerbowl '15, MOAB '16, Cancon '17, Eucalyptus Bowl 14

smeborg
Veteran Beastman
Veteran Beastman

Post by smeborg »

Grumpsh -

OK IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.

Because i'm looking like playing ATC 2 at this stage its important that you know everything that i know coming into the tournament. So as well as the BASICS of the rules which are on the first page. Here are some specifics which you need to know.

ATC 2- POST MATCH REFERENCE CARD
These are specific restrictions to the team advances after each round.

Round 1:
-All Skills will be Normal (non double roll). A player with a skill may not be awarded a second skill.

Round 2:
-The First Skill can be a Double. All others will be normal. A player with a skill may not be awarded a second skill.

Round 3:
-All Skills will be Normal. A single player may receive a second skill but it may not be a player with a double.
-At the end of round 3 each team may purchase an Apothecary, a Team Reroll or a 0-16 player.

Round 4:
-The First Skill can be a Double. A single player may receive a second Normal skill but it may not be a player with a double.

Round 5:
-The First Skill can be a Double. A single player may receive a second skill including one double OR a single player may receive a third skill if they are all normal.
-At the end of round 5 each team may spend 150k gold in any way they would like. Star Players, Wizards and other inducements are available but Special Play cards are not.

In addition for the weekend we're using a new special inducement

BUSLOAD OF FANS 0-2 20,000g +1 Fan Factor For this game only
UNQUOTE

It's your tourney, but that's a huge number of rules changes less than 10 days out from the tourney!

All the best.

Grumpsh
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grumpsh »

Ok so its very important to state that non of these are rules changes. If this were a 40k or Fantasy tournament these would be better described as the "scenarios".

In the origional rules we stated that there are skill upgrades which are normal skills and restricted to one per player unless otherwise noted. This is the otherwise noted, One skill here in round 2 will be a double, one skill in round 3 will be given to someone that already has a skill. Rabid quickly noticed the possibility of an 11 player team being "capped" after 3 games under the right circumstances. But the intention was always to vary it up from round to round. I just didnt want to dump ALL the information at once because it can overload people.

So what do you need to know as a coach? Yes we can analyse this and plan our team structure around the progression. But if a player dies or needs sacking then its all out the window. So mainly just take away that up to 3 players are going to get double skills, that up to 3 players are going to get 2 skills each and that 1 player may be able to get a 3rd skill. Remember that by the last game your team could have anything from 1 to 20 skills spread accross them.

Some teams may end up with 1 skill spread accross the board. Some will have a couple of star players with 2 skills and some doubles give a range of possibilities. With a week to go i do want to play around with this a little bit. But i didnt want to actually surprise anyone on the day so its important that the team captains at least all read this and have a thought to how this looks.

Round 3 purchases. The most expensive 0-16 player is 70 and the most expensive reroll is 70k. So a choice between 50-70k in most cases means that in the first 3 games each team has earnt an average of 20k per match. Thats a little low but its ok, in the case of a reroll theyve actually spent twice that.

For round 5 we're assuming theyre dumping their entire treasury into the last match. So i initially went high with the number. But its only 2 games since they purchased something so now I'm leaning towards making it 70k, which once again is the price of the most expensive lineman. At worst the team gets another lineman for the last game. At best he risks facing a higher opponent and getting a better star player.

PS- what do people think of the busload of fans?

D_Arquebus
2011 Legend
2011 Legend

Post by D_Arquebus »

I like bus load of fans. Because as res and skills you're probably right re many games being in 10-40k range

lolvenom
Star Player
Star Player
Favourite Race: Ogre

Post by lolvenom »

I hope you have some print outs of these "scenarios" on the day.

Grumpsh
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grumpsh »

that is exactly what will happen. Each round you will know what you need to know. I just wanted you to know mainly that there will be the option for doubles on some of your players. This brings Khemri, Undead etc.etc back into the game imo