Painting, Custom Boards, Show off your work etc

Moderator: Devilsreject

DM
Banned
Banned

Standard 3rd Ed Bloodbowl Pitch and Range Ruler Dimensions

Post by DM »

[size=18px]Pitch Information[/size]

For those looking to make their own playing surfaces instead of using the boxed set one (or for those new to the game who can't get/don't want the official boxed set but need a pitch) these are the dimensions of the standard boxed set 3rd Edition Bloodbowl pitch :

The pitch is 26 Squares in length (including endzones of 1 square depth each) and 15 Squares wide (each widezone is 4 squares - making the centre zone 7 squares across).

Each square is 29mm in width, although it must be noted that the Bloodbowl pitch that was shipped in the boxed set didn't actually have exactly the same square sizes over the entire pitch.

Instead, you're better off just creating the pitch according to the overall length and width of the standard BB pitch in the boxed set and dividing it up as 26x15.

The overall pitch length is 75.4cm long x 43.5cm wide

Note that you can actually have a larger or smaller pitch as you desire, you just need to scale the pass template to match. The above dimensions are exactly what the pitch in the boxed game is and as such, match the passing template that comes with the game.

[size=18px]Range Ruler Information[/size]

The range ruler is 5cm (exactly) wide.

The first segment (the bit that goes over the models' head) is 26mm long. There is a 1cm circle in the middle of this segment which goes over the top of the throwing model's head.

From there, there are increasing bands which dictate the distance of the throw.

The next band is Quick pass which is 10cm long exactly.

Then Short Pass which is another 10cm exactly.

Then Long Pass which is another 10cm exactly.

The last band is the Long Bomb which is actually 8cm long exactly.

There is a couple mm after that on the official template, but the rules dictate that a long Bomb is the longest distance you can pass the ball, so you can pretty much end it there.

So in total, the passing template is 40.6cm long and 5cm wide.

Cheers
My Personal Blog - Outer Wire
http://outerwire.blogspot.com

Machsphere
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Standard 3rd Ed Bloodbowl Pitch and Range Ruler Dimensions

Post by Machsphere »

Hey DM,

Are you able to post something about the materials and steps in creating your own board.

I would like to introduce the game to some Vietnamese friends and I think a custom board might help to inspire their imagination, thus getting them interested.

Though I have never done this before and have no real idea of going about it. If there is some article about it then you can just point to that. Any information you or other creative geniuses can supply will be much appreciated.

DM
Banned
Banned

Re: Standard 3rd Ed Bloodbowl Pitch and Range Ruler Dimensions

Post by DM »

There isn't one at this stage, although you can follow my thread on the Hyper 2.5 that I am building right now!

Cheers.
My Personal Blog - Outer Wire
http://outerwire.blogspot.com

fenf
Rookie
Rookie

Standard 3rd Ed Bloodbowl Pitch and Range Ruler Dimensions

Post by fenf »

Thax mate i am making a blood bowl league with my friends and i am the and i am making a pitch to match. I really needed that info thanx again.

One way to do it would be to use normal square bases and turn them upside down and fill them with basing. if they have a little hole in it fill it with green stuff.